1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker VP hybrid games online practice ?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by HuskerBB, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very much a standard VP player - JOB or BP on the traditional machines. In the past I have generally avoided the newer style machines with other options like - Spin Poker, Ultimate X, or Super Times Pay. But in looking at vpfree some of these machines appear to be the best options even for the basic traditional games. I believe you can play a regular game on these machines correct? (Sort of like not playing the side bets in Blackjack or Pai Gow Poker). What I am looking for is an online trainer with those games so I can figure out how they work before I get to LV. Basically what I want are instructions on how to play those machines in a way that just replicates the basic game without the other options if that is possible.

2. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head on over to videopoker.com. They have most of the games you are looking for and they have trainers that will help you with strategy. They also have apps for Android and IOS. I use Video Poker Pocket for Android and it has helped me brush up on my play. I don't know if it is absolutely "perfect" strategy, but it is darn close. For the each game variant, you have to pay a few dollars to unlock anything more than the basic demo games. I have purchased 3 different VP trainer apps and this is the one that is the most convenient.

3. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 months ago I discovered a free trainer for vp. "videopoker trainer.org." Offers JOB, Bonus poker, aces and 8s, all American poker, double bonus poker and joker poker. Mistakes are explained in detail including %! I paid for videopoker.com trainer for 2 years until I discovered ths in June! Discontinued my vp.com subscription in August!

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the games you describe, you can play standard VP on them as long as you bet 5 per line. Some of the games will make you bet all the lines to bet 5.

The Super Times Pay bet doesn't change strategy and yields a higher return percentage. But the game is a good amount more swingy of course.

Optimal Ultimate X strategy is not the same as standard VP. If you use standard strategy for Ultimate X, it will cost you about 0.6% in return.

Full pay strategies can be found here near the bottom of the page:
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/tables/ultimate-x/
    The 7/5 Bonus strategy also works well for 6/5 Bonus.

And here is UX strategy for 8/5 DDB. 7/5 DDB is the same, and 9/5 DDB you hold Aces full.
    8/5 DDB Ultimate X Strategy

Videopoker.com will let you practice these games for free without a strategy tutor (some ads have to be watched).

5. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have trouble with the videopoker.com website. It seems to bog down after a short time. We don't have a paying subscription, so I don't know if that is making a difference. I am assuming so because I think the ads that are loading are slowing it down. It does have some fun games. Anybody else having this issue?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 99.54% sure (wizard of odds VP joke) it's the ads that are the problem.

7. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the ad issue on Videopoker.com. I finally broke down and bought the Gold membership. Now it runs much faster.

8. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the confirmation Tring and Tex. I just dont know if it is worth my $$$ to get the Gold membership. Well, maybe if my wife and I share the login, that might make it worth it....hmmmm!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  9. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the joke "I am 99.54% sure", wonderful. From now on I will use that instead of "I am 100% sure". It should always work as you can never be absolutely and totally sure of anything, there are always unexpected surprises, and if you are very sure, well, 99.54% is close enough to 100%, even if you use it long term:D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.