1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Charging to your room across CET portfolio.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DReynolds86, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All,
    My wife and I will be staying at Planet Hollywood next week. We currently have over $200 in Reward Credits and would like to spend them on some nice dinner or breakfast. Are we able to, say, go to Mon Ami Gabi at Paris for breakfast, charge it to our room at Planet Hollywood, and then pay it off with RCs when we check out? Thanks.

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big help as i dont know about Mon ami gabi but for sure you can do that with the paris buffet

3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can transfer any restaurant bill to your room from any CET property...I do it. If it's a CET owned restaurant it transfers at 1:1 for your comps. I ate at the Oyster Bar in Harrah's (owned by CET) and had it transferred to my room at Rio where it transferred 1:1. My $40 bill from the Oyster House showed up as $40 charge on my bill at Rio which I paid with $40 comps. But M-A-G is NOT a CET owned restaurant, it's privately owned and so the comp rate is 2:1 instead of 1:1. I have read on this web site of people charging M-A-G to their room and then paying the bill to get the 1:1 comp rate but that is a BIG loophole. Unless someone that's done it chimes in, I would expect it to work but be prepared in case it doesn't.

4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had $100 food credit last November and had dinner at MAG and charged it to my room at Paris, bill was$105. When I checked out all I owed was $5 so they were able to apply the full $100 to my room charge.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  5. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does that mean, the comp rate is 2:1 instead of 1:1?

6. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bubble burst. Call,verify.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had trouble charging MAG to my room and didn't have that little card with me. They couldn't find me in the system. I even showed them the photo of my room number. ;)

8. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like MAG will be out of pocket then. As long as we can still charge other places and things to the room, I'll be fine. Like our pool bill at Caesars - that can go to the room, right?

9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami was not a 2/1 earlier this summer (on a room charge). Since it isn't listed as an 'on location' (have to either room charge or voucher at TR desk), it doesn't indicate if it is currently 2/1 or not. Not all 'non-CET' are 2/1.

11. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mistakenly charged Chayo at the Linq directly from my Rewards account. The bill for the three of us was just a little over $100. They charged over $200 from my Rewards account. $200 for Chayo isn't worth it.

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you need to visit the players club and get a comp from them for M A G. Just give a ballpark figure and get a coupon from them.
    That's how it was a while ago. It may have changed.

13. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many restaurants at CET properties that are not owned by CET (they're independently owned) will charge you double the comps if you pay by comps...so that $8 ice cream cone at a private ice cream shop in Caesars will cost you $16 in comps. 2:1

14. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect, thank you. So you can choose to pay directly with RCs, instead of charging to your room and doing it that way? Like if we rack up a $100 bill at Caesars pool, I can give them my Total Rewards card and ask to pay with RCs?

16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing to do is check to make sure at the venue. I do not know if you can use RCs directly at Caesar's Pool. I do see that you can use RCs at the Venus Pool Club and Seahorse Lounge at Caesars.

17. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go pick up a list of participating restaurants directly at the Total Rewards Desk so I don't get upset when I think I can use RC's and I can't. I do try to pay with my RC's right at the restaurants so you don't pay tax. I didn't realize about these 2:1 places so thanks for that help! It is something to balance because if you don't pay the full amount of the bill with RC's, you still are charged tax so use them to pay for an entire bill whenever you can. Any leftovers you could just use at checkout to pay anything you charged to your room or for resort fees.

I can't remember but there's something funky with tips. I don't think you can pay for tips with your RC's when you are checking out if you charge meals with tips to your rooms but I'm not sure how that works at restaurants. Can someone chime in?

18. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, even if you don't use RC's to PAY for the bill at any restaurant, store etc, still give them you Total Rewards Credit to get credit for spending money at the restaurant. You get RC's for that too!

19. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got off the phone with GotG at Caesars and they confirmed that you can use RCs directly to pay for your bill.

20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't always get tax waived either. I payed tax last few trips, even when paying with RCs at nearly every venue I did it at. (Paris buffet, crepe stand, nosh, etc). Last trip I went back to just fully room charging so I can monitor it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.