1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dbook, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas over Thanksgiving. We are not interested in standing in line forever for a buffet. Any chance that any of the food courts will be open? Or any eating places that won't have a specific Thanksgiving menu? I'm thinking that if there's no specific menu - they won't be real busy.

2. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a place you like and make a reservation-----

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there the past 2 years on Thanksgiving day. Last year at the Mirage, there was a line to get into the buffet that stretched like 47 miles. The Pantry was also busy but we were able to get in fairly quickly using the gold card line. Most places are open (business as usual.)
    Several people from VMB are doing a slot pull on the 25th at Mirage @ 4pm if you're up for it.
    Cheers!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're thinking wrong. Only the buffets are packed. The regular restaurants are manageable. As queuetree says above, just make a reservation at a restaurant.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS! :) But you should do it quick as places really fill up for dinner that night.

If you really want a buffet, you might consider Paris as I believe they take reservations.

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont wory about the food court or any other place closing, they are open just like any other day

7. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget the buffet unless you like to stand in line. Everything else is open but many places have a holiday menu with holiday prices. Also, all the restaurants are filled with locals entertaining guests from out of town so it can get crowded.

8. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!! I would definitely go to the Mirage for the slot pull on the 25th, but we're flying back home at 10pm on Thanksgiving day. Weird I know but we got dirt cheap tickets on Frontier - rt Cleve to Vegas for $106!!! One of us (three girl friends are going) is checking a suitcase ($60 rt that we'll split) and the other two are using bags that are personal item size. I got an offer for 3 free nights (no resort fees) at the Trop. We are getting free meals all over the place from Myvegas. We have put together a really cheap trip!!! The husbands said go - they're going to drink beer and watch football on the holiday. We'll celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday back in Ohio. So we really don't need a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving day. We'll probably be fine with a pizza! Thanks again -- and hope you hit a jackpot at the Mirage!!

9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Bellagio for Thansgiving and heard the hotel personnel telling people that the buffet wait was four hours! As we walked past the mile of ropes we saw kids in line eating McDonald's fries. Caught a cab to Voodoo lounge for the reservation I made the night before. No kids, no turkey, all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.