1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ellis Island Steak Special - last week

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PrincessaMyron, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

My friends and I were looking for somewhere to eat and they nixed the idea of the $30 per person italian.

Based on that, I directed us all to Ellis Island, for the steak special. I can't recall the exact price but I think $10 or under.

I had the Ceasar Salad, baked potato, green beans and steak medium rare. Was fine for me. One in our party didn't like hers and they removed it from the bill.

Hope this helps!
    IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG

2. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you share what part of the $10 meal the one person in your party did not like? :feedme:
    Thanks...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PrincessaMyron

Sure. She didn't like her steak. Can't recall why but everyone else (like 10 of us all together) had no issues.

4. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. Never had that special. Only had the BBQ which I throughly enjoyed.

5. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's in the packet? Sour cream for the potato?

6. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is she still your friend today?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually pretty good, but occasionally you get a piece of meat that is as hard as leather. The sides are always great.

8. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the steak special ($7.99). My husband hates it and hates the EI cafe. I've enjoyed everything I've had there...especially their fair priced breakfasts. Most of my trips are solo so I eat there most trips.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was too scared to do the EI steak special back when it was $5. I thought it was too cheap and we were staying at the Orleans. Too much hassle. Etc. I was OK with coupons and deals etc. But, there was this imaginary barrier with the cheaper stuff that some of the old board members sneered at.

My 2nd trip we went and it changed my Vegas life. A whole world of cheap dining opened before me. I've never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always go for my 1st breakfast every trip. Never had a bad steak n eggs breakfast there.

Seems to be always busy so says it all to me.

Great value

11. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.
    Have had this special many, many times, and never a bad one. Sometimes had to wait for a table, sometimes the service is a little spotty; but the food is always good.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eating at Ellis Island has always been on my bucket list. I want to try their steak special and their BBQ specials. I also want to eat breakfast there.

Is the weekdays any less busier? I'd hate to wait for a table.

13. PrincessaMyron

Yup, sour cream it is. We only had to wait maybe 25 minutes or so, but hey, that gives you a chance to get a beer or something, eh?

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the steak and the breakfast specials. We hear good things about the bbq so that's on the list too. I don't like waiting for tables either, but the line moves fast and they give you a buzzer.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They give you a buzzer? That's not too bad. I can play something while waiting. I hate to wait in lines for food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wait is pretty bad when I go, and to be honest the service is pretty bad too. As much as the food is extremely cheap and good, the wait/service/walk just kills the deal.

The service would improve if workers were taught to muti-task :( Sometimes you have 2 hostess and the manger just BSing..... The last time I was there, it took almost 1.5hrs just to eat. That includes waiting for the table and waiting for the food because they were so busy, er understaffed. Only half the place was seated.

17. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The longest I've waited was uh...I want to say 45 minutes but to be honest I'm not sure, I waited at the bar with the free drinks coupon, time kinda got away from me o_O

• Like Like x 1
  18. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For dinner I believe that the wait is manufactured; they used to have a little dinner discount if you played to qualify. Seems like they always had a thirty minute wait. Now for breakfast their steak and eggs special cannot be beat. I know they have a pile of steaks in the back cooked to various temps, but I've always gotten a decent steak, usually within ten minutes of ordering. And once they started deep frying those home fries they actually became worth eating. But I would never take anyone to Ellis Island without fully briefing them on the meaning of a 'value' experience.

Bros are back!
  19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. Ellis Island is about the bang for the buck. If you don't understand what that means, EI is not for you.

BTW, the ham steak is my favorite breakfast. I've never seen a more hearty ham and eggs plate than theirs.

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One time I got a steak where I likely cut 4 oz. off of it. But it was still enough food for me! Last time I had it in Feb. 2015, it was all great! The BBQ is great too!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.