1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suncoast shuttle

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chuckM, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that the Suncoast has an airport shuttle. Do they have one that goes to the strip?

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they do chuck.

You could take the WAX bus from Suncoast and it will drop you off at Tropicana Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard. That is the only place the WAX stops near the strip. Otherwise you could take the WAX to downtown and then transfer to the Deuce bus. It has many stops on the strip.

A few years back we took a cab from Suncoast to the airport and I think it was about $60. So figure around $50 to cab to the strip.

3. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like an estimated price from Uber is $17

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, quite a difference! I have to admit I'm not in the habit of thinking about Uber, having never tried them. That sounds like a great choice from Suncoast to the strip though.

5. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would set up an account. I've used Uber many times while in LV. It's generally 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a cab, plus no tip. They can go whatever route they want...Uber sets the price, not the driver.

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Uber for the first time on Aug. 30 from Suncoast to Gold Coast. The receipt gives the total as $16.74, which was less than my free initial credit. I used Uber a second time on Sept. 1 from Gold Coast to MSS for $11.14. It's the only way to "fly!"

This thread reminds me to call Suncoast to put my name on their shuttle list for next Tuesday. Unless the flight arrives late, it looks like I'll finally be able to catch it with a maybe a minute to spare!

7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem with Uber - for me - is that I don't carry my cell phone in Vegas. From the few threads I've read regarding Uber and Lyft, I believe you need a cell phone to arrange a ride. That's the only reason I never think of Uber. I guess I pay more to take taxis but I'm happier for it by leaving the phone at home.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to ask the obvious or sound condescending, but why not just keep the phone turned off when you don't need to use it? The will power needed for that should be a lot less than knowing when to quit playing, eating, etc. You can even switch off the notifications so you won't have to see all the missed calls and messages.:confused:

9. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's okay Turtleman, I know it sounds odd. And you do raise some good points.

We use the bus often in Vegas (and enjoy the ride) and only take a cab maybe once a trip. So for me, it's not worth carrying my phone just to save $30 on one ride.

Besides that, my Vegas purse is small and I don't have room for the phone. I COULD get a bigger purse but I love my little Vegas purse way more than my phone. That probably sounds silly to you but makes perfect sense to me! ;)

10. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did a round trip. $38 total.

11. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's a great price and near their estimate too. It's sure a bit different than my $100 return estimate by cab!

It's good to know (for if I ever get a new larger small Vegas purse). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.