1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental Car Shuttle Delays?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a year since I was in that mess last time. I haven't seen a lot of complaints about it lately, has the construction settled down a little? Of course last time the construction was amplified by a major accident when I was trying to get to the airport, but nothing anyone can do about that :thumbsdown:

USBC Nationals
  2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in July - still construction going on, but shuttle took less than ten minutes each way.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I noticed on the last couple of trips when I did rent a car ...

When they opened the rental car center, the shuttles were very evenly paced so there was almost always one or more loading/waiting at both the airport and at the rental center. Lately it seems (to me, anyway) that they kind of bunch up at the rental center. When I got off the plane there were NO shuttles at the airport and a longer line than I had ever seen. Then BANG-BANG-BANG three shuttles showed up and they herded all of the people into three of them quite quickly.

4. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a really long 45 minute wait arriving on a Friday (about 10:30PM) two weeks ago. There were lots of shuttles, just a line of 200+ people deep to shuffle through. Shuttles seemed to arrived three at a time, then you wouldn't see one for 20 minutes. I don't think construction had anything to do with it, it was only 8 minutes total drive time. No real traffic in spite of the closed lane at the exit of the tunnel.

Friends arrived the next day (Saturday) at 2PM and they no wait at all. So you never know.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the last few trips when I did rent a car, it seemed like the lines at the rental center were shorter than they have been many times.

Anyone else notice this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.