1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

October 1st to 4th Trip Report- Mirage/Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by NJbadlands, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So this is a bit late but been crazy with work since home. I was just in Vegas in July with my wife for a couples trip, but was lucky enough to get the OK to go back earlier this month with my best friend. Four trips in 15 months from the east coast is a win for me!

We were starting our trip at Mirage,where we would check in Saturday late morning and then spend our last 24 hours at the Cosmo where I was thankful to get a comped room via Kevin Sweet for Monday night. Three nights to enjoy poker, slots, drinking, and NFL football bets.

IMG_9066.JPG

First win of the trip. The new Bruce book was sold at the book store at PHL. This would help the flight go faster.

IMG_8964.JPG

We would check into Mirage at noon (friend is Gold mlife) and get upgraded to a Tower room on the 28th floor which was great. Being here in July the small bathroom was fresh in my head and this upgrade made a nice impact to start.

First thing we did was go to the burger place at Mirage and I had a delicious turkey burger and big s'mores milkshake. Really helped wake me up.

IMG_8918.JPG

Usually I go to Fremont on my first night but we were both jet lagged and planned to just gamble at Mirage. I put a few small NFL parlays down (none hit) and $200 on Steelers to cover (they did) and $100 on the Broncos to cover (they did).

I had a BOGO for Portofino (did this with my wife last trip) and did again that evening. Got the scallops last trip and they were very good. This time around. Not so much. First they came out completely undercooked. Pink inside and slimey. Also cold. Asked for them to recook which they gave me a new plate. But I had no appetite at this point and only ate half my meal. The one bite I took undercooked made me not want to feel sick he rest of the night. Got snacks and booze later in the evening.

When I go with my wife I don't get much poker time. I got to the poker room around 11pm while my buddy played blackjack. Ended winning and cashing out around 3am.

IMG_8921.JPG
    In for $200 out for $455.

Got back to room and went to bed around 4am. Could not sleep well and got up around 8am. Just on time for breakfast at my Vegas tradition, Mom Ami Gabi.

2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You like poker, drinking and sports betting? My long lost brother!!

Glad you had a good time cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the agenda for day two was some time at the pool, plenty of time in the Mirage sports book, lunch at Cravings Buffet on a BOGO, more poker, and the evening downtown. This was after my all time favorite breakfast.

IMG_8927.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

Great as always. Belgian waffles and date glazed bacon.

IMG_8926.JPG
    Ah my favorite view in Vegas.

After breakfast was time to get some bets in and then relax during the early games at the pool. What spot to throw back a few drinks and relax.

IMG_8935.JPG

After pool back to play some more poker. Not as lucky this go around. In for $200 at 1-2 no limit and was card dead. Out for $95, loss of 105. But this win as leaving table helped.

IMG_8941.JPG
    Next up was refuel time and then back to the room for a power nap and shower to get ready for the nights events on Fremont....

IMG_8942.JPG

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my favorite views as well. Great beginning to your TR!
    How was the Bruce book?

RICHARD

5. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    270 pages in (once home life got in the way) it's great!

• Like Like x 1
  6. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Fremont. Every time I go back to Vegas I swear I'll spend a trip downtown because i have so much fun. Don't really win much, but always plenty of laughs and cheap booze.

Got to drink and gamble at The D, Golden Nugget (where should stay at some point), Golden Gate and MSS. Fun times. Bands were lively, beer was flowing, and the good times a rolling.

IMG_8943.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

Wasn't really keeping track of gaming down here because was pretty banged up, but I won at Roulette at The D and gave it back to slots at the Nugget.

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8951.JPG
    My wife did not like this picture sent to her at 3am her time.

IMG_8953.JPG

7. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NJ I like saddling up at Binions outside bar with a cold 24oz Dos Equis and people watch

• Like Like x 1
  8. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on the rest of your trip.
    :beer:

9. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a very drunk night which may or may not have ended back in the poker room, we got ourselves up. I was nursing a mean hangover and needed food. Settled on Starbucks and then a quick $20 into that damn Big Bang slot that always keeps me coming back. Not many slots I like, but BB and the new Walking Dead game get me good.

Excited because after many Vegas trips finally checking out the Cosmo. I've stayed at Bellagio, Venetian, and Palazzo as well as many other properties and was curious to see how Cosmo would stack up.

As I pulled up I had a good feeling.

IMG_8998.JPG

Place is a beauty.

Walked to reception at 11am with hopes of getting in early. $20 sandwhich yielded waived resort fees and a one bedroom terrace suite in the 68th floor! What a win! Was booked comped in a terrace studio.

Went up to the room to be amazed by how gorgeous it was. From the living area, to then amazing bathroom (soaking tub facing the strip?!), and obviously the view 68 floors up.

IMG_8972.JPG
    IMG_8971.JPG
    IMG_8968.JPG

Next stop would be downstairs to start playing some slots (I messed up by playing half the day without using my Identity Card, doh! But played a bunch later) and checking out the pool.

I won $50 playing Big Bang and then went to The Walking Dead 2 slot. Won $30 in one machine. Moved over one and won $40. Put $40 into the third one and was betting $1.50 a spin. Hit a free spin bonus twenty minutes in and was rewarded by this.

IMG_8988.JPG
    Apocalyptic Win on a 1.50 spin. Had four Michonnes and x4! Cashed out my ticket after ten more minutes of drying up.
    IMG_8989.JPG

Easily my biggest slot win ever. I have some luck at video poker and win at poker/sports. But rarely do I win at slots. After this went to $15 roulette played for an hour and won another $125. So far Cosmo has been good to me.

• Like Like x 4
  10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice turnaround at cosmo and good report so far!

11. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've got guts! When you get home, you may want to test the waters and throw your hat in the door before you step in- and I strongly suggest a nice gift for your wife....
    Nice to see those wins at Cosmo - here's hoping we see many more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You come from a very large family :beer:

Great TR, thanks for sharing, and pictures are always great.

13. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Congrats on the great win at Cosmo, that's awesome. Loved all the pictures.

14. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @NJbadlands, A t-shirt with that picture printed on it may not be the best gift to bring her! :)

Great TR!

• Like Like x 1
  15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Looks like Cosmo is treating you well. I just spent 3 nights in the one-bedroom there. I just love watching the sun come up on the terrace!

16. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice room at Cosmo. It is a beautiful place. Enjoy your trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.