1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Omni airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by surf87, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Omni fleet have TV's on the back of the head rests. Some friends of mine are flying from Honolulu to Las Vegas on 10/19/16 and wanted to know if they'll be able to watch the presidential debates on Omni Air.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No first hand knowledge, but looking at their website pics, it looks like they have overhead monitors showing one feed/movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about the vacations Hawaii charters then no, I don't think they have tv screens on the back seats. Of course I could be wrong, it all depends if they switched to new planes. I think they used old 767's with the 2-3-2 seat configuration. Looks like they are still using 767's on most flights so unless they replaced the old 767's with a newer 767 (doubtful) then they are still using the overhead screens. But then sometimes they go to a bigger aircraft to accommodate more passengers so maybe your friends will luck out for the newer bigger planes. Best to anticipate the old planes with overhead screens so they won't be surprised.

But please get back to us if they did make changes to the plane, including screens on the backs of the chairs.

One good thing, they show 2 or 3 free movies (unlike Hawaiian airlines which make you pay if you want to watch movies) on your flight and they also serve you a meal and they give you a snack (ice cream sandwich or a melona bar) on the way over.

IMHO, seats are a little cramped in coach. Prices seem to be a little higher nowadays, I was looking for my January trip but it costs $899 plus I would have to pay the single fee so I would be paying close to $1000. For me better to go ala carte, I can get $600's for flight and $200 for the room and I doubt I would pay $200 for meals during a similar 5 night stay.

4. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I'll ask them about it but I might not reply here until a number of days later after I meet up with them in Las Vegas. And yes they are using Vacations Hawaii. For some reason they remembered Omni had individual TV's in the back of every headrest but only had movies playing and no TV stations but they could be wrong. They did say the meal on Omni was free turkey sandwiches and free ice cream sandwiches or melona bars. The package they paid costs $899 each but they also had $200 off coupons from Boyd's (not sure about how they got those $200 off coupons).

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct with the updated planes. I just read an ad in generations magazine last night that the 767 now has a state of the art interior with tv monitors in every seat back. Only thing is that they only have 8 channels of entertainment so it is unlikely they will be showing any tv stations live. Most of the entertainment is prerecorded tv shows or movies that came out the past few months.

Guess they had to make some updates to the plane and service since they are now charging baggage fees. They never charged before but now are charging even for the first bag I think.

They got the $200 off coupons based on how often they fly on the charters. If they fly on the charters a lot they get these discount coupons. I think they also give discounts depending on their gambling. To thank their patrons Boyd will give customers discount coupons. I don't gamble as much or fly charters as much so I used to get $25 or $50 discounts but lately I haven't gotten any discount coupons since I haven't flown charter in a couple of years.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay $899 for a charter but would consider going if it cost $699. Lately the charter prices are in the $799 to $899 range even though ads in the paper say $699. But better for me as I like to stay longer than 4 1/2 days. Even though it is 5 nights it is actually more like a 4 1/2 day stay since the flight gets in later in the evening and they leave first thing in the morning.

6. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good eye Makikiboy! When I meet my party in Las Vegas, I'll ask them if the TV is live or recordings and I'll report back later.

[​IMG]

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good. Actually ask your friends how the coach cabin is. The last time I went on the Vacations Hawaii charter I thought that the seats were cramped with little leg room. In fact we have to raise our seat backs because there wasn't much room to open the tray to fit our meal tray. I practically had my stomach leaning against the tray table.

Have a nice trip!

8. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As promised that I would report back, On Omni Air the presidential debate could not be seen. Either the channels were pre-recorded or no channels that held the debate was available (I not sure which) but the people that I know who flew during the debate did not get to see. As for coach they said it's the same size as Hawaiian Air which used to be the chartered airlines, now it's Omni from Hawaii. They did say that Hawaiian used to have some kind of metal box bolted to the floor at every aisled seat (or something like that) but Omni doesn't have that same box so they had a little more leg space under the seat. Not sure if that helps you Makikiboy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure Omni uses prerecorded video on all channels, even the one that shows tv shows.

Lately the prices to fly on vacations Hawaii have been high ($800 to 1000's, esp going solo) so I find it better to fly Hawaiian and book my own hotel. That way I can stay longer and don't have to worry about 4 am bag pulls like on the Vacations Hawaii flights.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Now, we will be waiting for your comments on your visits to the brothels, ha ha (joking). :poke:

10. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha-ha, I'm debating going to the brothel this Sunday night but I'm waiting to see if the gambling Gods might give me some winnings. I'm currently ahead a few hundred but that could change by Sunday night and stop me from going. BTW check the some of the other threads. I have two pics to post, one of the newly renovated entrance line to the Market Street café, and another of a $50 dining credit from Cal for opening up a $1000 B connected gaming app.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I saw the picture to the Market St. Café. Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone so I can't load apps. How funny is that, I am in IT but I am still in the dark ages with my flip phone. But then I only pay $20 every 3 months for my service since I only give my number out to close friends and family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.