1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYE and Comped Rooms

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ERQTraveler, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stay at home NYE, but this year I'm strongly leaning to partying in Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan.

When should one reach out to their host about comped rooms for NYE? Is it too early to ask now?

I haven't seen any offers from The Cosmopolitan that extend to the holidays yet. My latest offer is good from mid October to mid November. I assume I'll get an offer in a few weeks but not 100% sure on that either. I've never looked into staying for NYE!

ERQ

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got my latest offer from the Cosmo this week which extends through February.

NYE is less than 3 months away, if you're interested in going, I would contact your host now. You can always ask them if they can extend that offer. If they value your play, chances are they will

3. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I've never received an offer that extended that far out.

I'll reach out to my host.

ERQ

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree totally on reaching out now. Even if you don't have an offer yet, sometime a host can hold the room and apply the offer once you get it.

Just make sure to tell them for NYE. a lot of times only a specific NYE offer can be applied due to how popular it is. Definitely----check-----NOW :)

(Plus Cosmo is already showing blackout dates through March, much less NYE, they've been popular.)

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Multifarious5 said most properties in Vegas only accommodate those guests with a specific NYE offer.
    Of course, you could receive an offer if you ask your host early enough and if your ADT is in the ball park.

To answer OP's question directly:
    The regular offer doesn't work for NYE even if it is valid till March.
    And it's not too early to ask now.

6. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask now. The later it gets, the less availability they will have, the more players they will have coming in with requests, and the more likely it is that they will want a higher ADT / more play. Even if your offer doesn't extend til then, your host should be able to make it work :)

7. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reached out to my host and got 4 nights comped

Thank you to everyone!

ERQ

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! It definitely wasn't too early and you're locked in now. Have a GREAT new years!

9. totalee

totalee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 1 new Years eve experience with a comp was not so great. I usually get a very good room on one of the higher floors when I go to Vegas and a host generally says hi on my first day there or at least leaves a message on the phone to call him or her if I need anything. I went to Flamingo for NYE a few years ago they gave me the crapiest room they had and I could not speak to anyone about the issues like no heat in the room. I don't know if it was because there was a large crowd there, maybe I was the low man on the totem pole for some really high rollers that weekend, but don't expect to get the best room comped or great service on NYE in vegas, unless you are a super High Roller.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are booked to 100% and then some. Every restaurant and bar is packed. Staff would rather be off.

There you go.... over capacity and maybe low man on the totem pole.. or at least lots of whales above you.

11. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting experience @totalee.

I wonder what is the expected coin in per day (slots) for a comped room over NYE/NY.

ERQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.