1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Mob never had scams like the Suits$

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ShelbyCharger, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is my fave. Always best vaca, but the ,I call it sneaky, way they keep taking away perks. I am trying to figure out what is next.

2. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coin in on slots has stayed consistent as well as the tables and now I only get two nights comp at Aria, Bellagio and Delano. I am getting FREEPLAY now but I would rather have three nights comp.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I don't foresee the BS stopping anytime soon.
    After this past trip I asked my host why he didn't comp our entire bill as he has usually does and asked if it was due to cut backs.
    His reply "No, i just need more play from you." Yesterday CET released last months TR report and my RC this past trip was higher than my previous 2 trips in which everything was comped.
    More play??? Hell, its higher than previous trips and yet the comps less?!?!?!
    I foresee the decrease in comps continue as well as an increase in Resort Fee amounts which only digs deeper into what you get comped.

I also expect the odds to worsen on the slots. After all, a slight change won't really be obvious so they will feel safe.

Odds on the table games will also continue to worsen. Everyone thoughts Craps was untouchable but a few recent posts deems otherwise.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see them cutting back bottle service to 450$ or so from 500$ before they realize they may be killing their gambling customer base. Think for a moment.......until you come and lose 500-700 in a.four to five hour period, then pay for food and room, you aren't keeping up with the weekend crowd at most strip hotels with a nite spot.

5. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Vegas travel was off considerably for the last few years. Is this the way to increase revenue by squeezing what little is here? Will this have an adverse effect?

6. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2015 saw more visitors to Las Vegas than ever before. Over the last 6 years only one year didn't better the prior year in terms of visitors, 2013 was down less than 75k visitors. Last year the increase was over a million from 2014. Despite what people are saying, gaming revenue is not dropping overall, as a percentage of total dollar spend it may be, but gross dollars, 2015 was the 6th largest in history. Again over the last 6 years, there has only been one year in which gaming has dropped year over year. In 2015 there was a $63M increase in gaming revenue.

All we are seeing is basic economic rules at play. Prices increase as demand increases. These price increase can come in many forms, lesser comps, more fees or flat out increases in base price. No one likes to pay more than what they used to pay, but if we continue to value what we are getting for the price what does it really matter. The issue becomes when we (and by we I mean a number of us who cause the numbers to fall) no longer value the experience at the price offered.

7. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i wouldnt go at the moment just based on how poor the pound is too the dollar

8. TOWNSVILLE

TOWNSVILLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto the AUD but what the heck?.See the problem we are up against.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.