1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Before and after a holiday

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by shokhead, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it generally a bit less busy/crowed a week before or a week after a holiday like Labor Day or Memorial weekend as an example.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really a holiday, but the week after the Superbowl is pretty quiet unless Chinese New Year falls during it. I'm usually there when July 4th falls on a Fri-Sat-Sun or Mon, and I haven't really noticed it being slow the week after.

People who work there notice, but the average person isn't going to notice much difference. Could you tell the difference between 100 people standing around in a ballroom vs 90?

You can look at hotel rates and that will tell you.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe because it's so much more busy during a holiday and the week before and after seem slower when they are just normal.:wiggle:

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all my trips at various times of year the only time it seems it's slower on the strip to me is the week of Xmas. I love it, it's still "Vegas" but it's mellower and more relaxed.

5. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love to go a week or two before Xmas - no headliners are playing but the lack of crowds is great plus I love the decorations :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes going to Café Bellagio very fun. You don't mind waiting in line.

7. ru2on

ru2on Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When do all the Christmas decorations go up in Vegas?

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Dan and I used to go to Vegas together, we loved to go the week before Christmas and check out on Christmas Eve as the crowds came in. Some shows were dark and some restaurants closed, but I loved the lack of lines everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also would like to know. I am hoping right after Thanksgiving.

10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the week before Xmas is the only slower, not slow but slowER, time. The Strip is just plain busy always. It gets crazy on weekends and during/before/after holidays depending on the holiday. For instance starting Xmas and going into NYEve the Strip keeps getting busier each day until by 12/31/xx it is wall to wall people. Other holidays you have to think about the school schedules such as the week after Labor Day is a bit slower as people are getting their kids into school for the new school year. If July 4th hits mid-week a lot of people may make a long weekend out of it. You just have to think about the situation and consider if the crowds might be slightly less...though it will always seem busy to a tourist unless you rise about 4:00am.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the holiday and when it falls. For a traditional Monday holiday, the weekdays after tend to be slower. It doesn't seem like it even gets busy for the 4th unless it's on a weekend. For Christmas, the weeks between it and the rodeo earlier in the month are fabulous because there are usually a ton of deals on both air and hotel. The gap between the conference championships and the Superbowl are a great sweet spot. No one comes to Vegas for the Pro Bowl! I've been in town for Chinese New Year and didn't feel it was dramatic in traffic but even if it were, it's worth it because Vegas dresses up well to celebrate for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been during March Madness and Labor Day weekend.
    Crowds were noticeably more but manageable.
    The most obvious was seeing $10 Craps tables downtown and $15, $25 and $100 Craps table on the strip.
    Next year we are doing a week or two prior to avoid this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.