1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mobile check-in on comed rooms...FP/RC issues?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was considering doing mobile check-in for our next trip, but was wondering if anyone has had problems with FP/RC bring properly applied on mobile check-in.

I finally checked out via the TV last time versus in person, and it was wonderful.

I was considering trying Mobile check-in this time since we liked mobile checkout so much, but wanted to make sure food/FP credits were still applied with mobile check-in versus through a live person. (I'd of course check with the player's desk later to make sure all was applied.)

Any feedback/experience on if mobile check-in works well on comped rooms with extra comps like FP/RC?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it depends on which hotel ou are talking about.

Seems that Paris had that offer recently, but I still had to go to the desk to get keys, so no idea what the deal is.

As to checkout - we usually just leave. Have done that a few hundred times. I feel bad for those folks that stand in line just to hand in their keys.

3. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used the mobile check-in with both Bally's and Harrah's and had no issue at all, my tournament entry/FP was as promised. I was hesitant because I am usually hoping to upgrade, but I as able to do that even though I had checked in on mobile and a room was assigned.... I just went to the Platinum guest line instead of the "pick up your key" line. Generally, the "pick up your key" line is much shorter than the regular lines. When I have a noon-ish or afternoon flight, I almost always have an email confirmation that my room is ready before I get on the plane. I do like knowing my room is ready, I've had to wait past 6pm several times, although that was at the Flamingo.
    Have a great trip! diane

4. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm same I just leave, no tv, no app, no Dropbox, etc. Usually handle comps the night before or the morning of departure and a receipt usually shows up in my inbox by the time I arrive back east.

5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much guys! I never ask for upgrades so keys are fine, I just want to make sure I get all my goodies. :)

Honestly, I just would rather check in without a live person seeing "comped" all over everything. At VIP services it's no biggie, but at the basic desk it seems like I get more of a reaction, and I always feel a bit guilty (I know that's dumb, but what can I say.)

Now the trick is getting my hubby away from check-in....I get uncomfortable having the focus on comped; he loves hearing it!!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't think of any reason why there would be a problem unless reservations got mixed up.

You comps and freebies are tied to your reservation confirmation. So as long as there's some sort of verification feedback during the process of actually getting your keys (like displaying your name) that tells you it's the correct reservation, it should be OK.

I never use mobile check in, but I always bring paper confirmation of the offer anyway, just in case.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic Chuck, as always, great feedback.

I always bring a soft or hard copy showing freebies as well, so I should be covered. (I love, love love backup plans/documentation.)

I'm going to try it next time. As always, thank you!

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you are talking about Aria. It's easy to use, and you still get FP/RC.
    For FP, you have to go to MLife desk anyway.
    BTW, I never waited in long line at Aria check-in/check-out.
    I did use the Gold/Platinum short line.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI JeJas...yep, it's Aria. I've also found the gold/platinum line is super fast. I just thought it might be nice to fly under the radar. Good call on the hotel, and thank you!

10. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason why I don't use on-line check-in is that I can only reserve a regular room on-line with the offers that I get. My host upgrades my room, but it doesn't show on my reservation. The person at the registration desk verifies that I am in an upgraded room. I also get a couple of bottles of water when I check-in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.