1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast to Rio shortcut through garage new path

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by glock77, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't see this anywhere but gold coast finally recognized how many people cut through the garage to get to Rio for their shuttles etc. Then there was always the probem of jaywalking or crossing in the middle of a wide street to get to Rio.
    Now problem solved. There is a clearly marked pathway with signs on both ends going through the garage. Also, the BEST News is there is a traffic light in the middle of the block as you exit on the Rio side that will help you cross the street safely. No more dodging cars or even getting ticketed by police for jaywalking.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank God it was like crossing a minefield trying to get to/ leave from the Rio especially after extensive drinking :beer:

3. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great news--we always did that game of "Human Frogger" against our better judgment! Great to know we can now wait for a traffic light for safe passage.

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, there was a thread in August 2015 just after the crosswalk was put in.
    I always use the garage shortcut except one time the gate was locked for some reason in the middle of the afternoon.
    Yes, it's much safer now with the crosswalk, but never take it for granted, when the stop light flashes, make sure the cars have stopped before you cross.
    Same with walking from Bally's to Cromwell and back. The red light flashes but many times the cars have to stop quickly because there may be only one or two people crossing like at Rio/Gold Coast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know will be using it in December.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We cut through the Gold Coast garage last November walking from the Rio. Didn't know it was something new.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The crossing would have been great a few years ago when I stayed at the Rio. Now, if I could only think of a reason to go back from GC! :)

8. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just at Gold Coast last week and used the Bally's shuttle to Rio, then walked across the street.
    However, while there I was informed of different shuttle out the front door. They have a shuttle from GC to Orleans, then on to the Linq.
    I used that on the return, and it worked out great for us. I usually just go the rio for the shuttle, never play there, so the GC one worked out great.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very handy and quick.

10. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Agree to that with GCs shuttle service. Back then I realized what the squirrels felt playing the game of dodge the cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.