1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Location: Near Elevator or End of Hall?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cmasia, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmasia

cmasia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking through many threads here, I've seen a trend toward guests preferring a room closer to the elevator.

I'm the exact opposite.

I prefer to be as far from the elevator - and ice machine - as possible.

People walking down the hall - particularly families with kids - have absolutely no recognition there are other guests on the other side of all those doors they pass. And many doors with Do Not Disturb signs.
    They talk, laugh, scream, and worse, holler down the hall to lagging family or friends.

I'll take the extra walk to the end of the hall any time to avoid these idiots.

Cheers,
    cmasia

PS: Can't hotels spend 2 dollars and put signs in elevators asking guests to mind the privacy of other guests by being quiet in hallways?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also END OF THE HALLWAY. And agree , SOME people with kids....very little respect for other guests while letting their little ones run amok and scream in the hallways. If it's Disneyland, okay most of us ARE out during the day, but in Vegas, some of us attempt to take a nap when we can.

3. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also prefer rooms far away from elevators, ice machines, vending machines, etc. I'd rather put up with a longer walk.
    As far as kids go: I have a young dauther myself. Honest to god, I try my best to keep her quiet in public, but sometimes it just won't work. That said, I won't take my daughter to Las Vegas until she is at least 18 years of age. So far, I have always been traveling to Vegas without her. Vegas is not Disneyland.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't care that much. I care more about things such as the room being clean, comfortable, and things work right, than the place along the hallway. One peeve I have (recently in Chicago) is the ice/soda machines on a DIFFERENT floor! :(

5. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always ask to be close to the elevator especially in Vegas at some of the hotels it is really a long walk to the end of the hall.
    Very few times do we hear much noise (we usually stay at the Mirage) and if we do it is usually late at night and I just roll over and go back to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Miles1

Miles1 Tourist

As close to the elevator as possible. In Las Vegas I sleep when it's time to pass out, when I wake up I go back downstairs, I try to stay away from non-ap plays like having children, not the elevator.

7. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take the extra walk and prefer a room down the hall. I like to have a quiet room for the four hours of sleep per night that I get in Vegas.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We prefer the first room from the elevator, preferably near the ice machine.

9. BobK89

BobK89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the hallway. End of the hall at Gold Coast or the (former) Barbary Coast? No problem.

I had the end of the hall at Excalibur and it was a three wood from the room to the elevator.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    End of the hall. Stayed by elevator once heard it come by every time never again.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just want to be away from the ice machine. Outside of Vegas, away from the elevator is fine but in Vegas, that can be a really long hike in some hotels.

12. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anywhere, as long as it's in Vegas....

• Like Like x 2
  13. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    End of the hall. I don't stay on the strip anymore so it's not a long corridor

14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, some of them rooms are a long haul from the elevators, and a really long haul to the pool. I walk for exercise so I don't mind being far from the elevator and ice machine and rude people. I stay up late and sleep late. I have been known to open my door and yell STFU!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just in the Augustus Tower for 4 nights. We were the first room by the elevator. Never heard one thing.

16. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Far from elevator! Had a room in florida in Boca during a conference, was on top of the service elevator (they swapped me rooms luckily), since then I always ask for "away from the elevator"...good exercise anyway!

17. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the end. People are assholes, and don't care how obnoxious they act.

18. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take the end of the hallway because the hotels I stay at have nicer rooms there. Besides, I could use the extra walking. I even take the stairs instead of the escalators.

19. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    End of the hallway for sure. I like to stay up late and sleep till noon, so I prefer no people passing my door when they walk to the elevators.

Especially people who are checking out early can be loud and inconsiderate sometimes. Dragging suitcases through the hallway, shouting back to their S.O. to not forget this or that from the room, not thinking at all about the many others that are still enjoying their holiday and sleeping still.

20. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A far from elevator as possible, less foot traffic/screaming in hallway, no elevator noise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.