1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip likely became a solo effort...need some new food ideas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by absinthe, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absinthe

absinthe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A phone call to my gambling companion yielded some sub-optimal news. We usually check in with each other a few weeks before our trip to make sure we have airfare, general plan, alcohol tolerances, etc ready to go for Vegas. He will probably not make the trip due work obligations. I guess that means my first solo trip has arrived.

We usually eat buffets as that is his preference and we can get the BOGO from MyVegas. I feel that most (all?) of the buffets in Vegas are not worth the full price of admission, so give me some better ideas.

Relevant Details:

1. Looking for places where a solo traveler can eat a meal for around $50 or under before tip. I'm not picky on cuisine. I rarely drink alcohol with my meal so the price would not include drinks, I'll have plenty to drink before and after meals.
    2.I'm not big on celebrity chef restaurants, loud or trendy spaces. Quiet meals preferred, I like my noise to come from the craps table.
    3. I'll be downtown one night and then moving to Wynn for several nights. The preference is recommendations close to those areas but I would consider walking or taking Uber/Lyft somewhere if needed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugos Cellar at the Four Queens is a great downtown spot for exceptional steaks - - seafood etc,, highly recommend.

Red Sushi at Golden Nugget has quality sushi / sashimi

3. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Grand Lux Cafe over at the Venetian and palazzo. Reasonably priced good food and a bar you can eat at.

4. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Paris Buffet isn't bad either.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the consistently better buffets. The line can be nasty at times, however.

6. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bocho Sushi is perfect for a solo diner.

7. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic and Anthony's has a secret menu for 3 courses and toucan eat at the bar. I think you need to print something up. Google it.

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maggiano's in the Fashion Show Mall directly across from The Wynn Is excellent - the food is good, the prices are good and if you sign up for email alerts at Maggianos.com about a week or so before you leave, they'll email you a coupon for $10 off your meal (make sure to select the Las Vegas location).

9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Triple George is my pick for downtown. Most entrees are under thirty dollars, steaks are higher. Their fried chicken and gravy is spot on for a Southerner. Great place for solo dining due to their huge bar area. In and out, no stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.