1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM/Mirage Karma?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by yoyoseven, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read an article on Vital Vegas reporting gossip that the Tournament of Kings show at Excalibur is going to close, and that sales have been soft due to MGM's new pay-for-parking policy. It also says that retail sales have fallen by about 30%. Of course, MGM denies this, but I hope it's true. In fact, I hope it hurts their quarterly earnings so much that they have to reverse course and apologize for their greediness and arrogance.

I did my part this week. I took advantage of two MyVegas rewards at MGM properties Tuesday night - a buffet at Excalibur (meh), and the Zumanity show at NYNY (ok, but I wouldn't have paid for it). The only money I spent was the tip for the waitress at the buffet. I parked at the Tropicana and took the pedestrian bridges to NYNY and Excalibur, so I didn't pay to park either.

I refuse to spend a nickel at any of their properties, and I won't gamble at them either. Screw 'em!

2. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Bubbles!

Lol, good for you but what are you going to do when they all start charging for parking?

3. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I've been staying downtown and off-strip for a long time now, and I don't anticipate as much of the corporate squeeze at those properties any time soon. If and when they get out of hand, I'll gamble locally and vacation elsewhere.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sort of hope it bites them too. I have no plans to park at any MGM property. I may eat there if the group I'm going with wants too. I also will run $100 through VP at the Bellagio sports book because that's tradition. But I'm not dumping my bankroll there this time. CET gets my love this trip.

5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noooooo, don't give up on Vegas!!

6. ayoj

ayoj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will still continue to patronize MGM and enjoy the shorter waits at check-in and valet (free with tier) as the strip is my preferred destination. If they aren't seeing the profit growth from these moves I'm sure they'll be back to the status quo soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't drive to Vegas so this doesn't directly affect me, but I get the indignation. At some point as a consumer you get to where you draw a "line in the sand" and refuse to frequent a business that's gouging you.

Mlife's been good to me for years though, so at least for the near future I'll continue to take them up on the comped nights and free food/bev. Will be staying at PH for my next trip though, better offer.

9. Bonnie60

Bonnie60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as I am Gold I will still use MGM properties . I don't like total rewards properties, but we got comped 5 nights at Paris and only 3 nights at the Mirage. So since we have never stayed at Parris will give it a go. Maybe we will find a new home. I hope MGM does not pull a profit this quarter or any time for that matter. Until the fees go away but I think the fees are here to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.