1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR: In-House designed or Contracted-Out?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TIMSPEED2, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious what the concensus thinks of the TR app/website...CET is pretty big so I'd almost imagine it was in-house...but it could have been designed by a 3rd party..

It's so painful to use, it's laughable. I have offers for free nights on SPECIFIC dates (for a slot tourney) and when I select THOSE dates and hit book now..it says I'm choosing the wrong dates...
    Another design flaw i wonder if anyone else noticed...you have to choose room type before dates...shouldn't it be the OTHER way around, to show you what rooms ARE available?
    I mean, I know gamblers aren't the most tech savy bunch around...but does ANYONE really use the website/app to book free offers?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could be a lot better, but it's still much better than MLife of course.

I have these issues, I mostly book pretty vanilla offers that have freeplay and resort credit included

• The hotel stay, freeplay and resort credit components are all listed on separate rows in the display. You don;t actually book using the freeplay or resort credit rows, you have to select the hotel stay offer that's associated with them. Which in my case, isn't difficult. But if you were new to it, you'd probably end up calling.
    • If you load an offer code for a specific hotel, it often defaults to pre-selecting a fairly high room type, which means it displays SOLD OUT until you realize what's going on and select a different room type.
    • Cancelled reservations don't drop off of your Reservations page until the checkout date passes.
    • If you're logged in and you select a specific hotel and specific dates, you get a list of room types by price lowest to highest. But it doesn't always display every room type, and this is definitely not because of inventory, it's because something in your profile is telling them not to show you certain room types.
    • The thing where it won't let you book a 2nd reservation because it's not counting a check-out day as a buffer day in between offers.
    Pros:
    • Very little downtime, very few glitches
    • Pricing is pretty transparent

Of course there's the issue of how frequently they change prices (I usually end up staying more than 5 nights, so I end up paying for some), but that's not related to the website. And it's like airline pricing - if you look at them frequently enough, you know when to just come back some other time.

My guess is that it's in-house, because it fucking works, and is getting updated all the time with new offers. Even if it's not in house, at least it's well tested and robust.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I think that the TR website is fantastic compared to Mlife. I use it to book comp offers all the time. Admittedly most of the time I just do it using the calendar rather than the links under "My offers" because I want to compare my options at the different hotels all at once. I love the ability to do that on the CET website. That said, I have booked offers using the links from the offers page also with no problems.

4. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.51.54 AM.png Maybe I'm doing something wrong..but when I do this, it errors out on ALL room types.

5. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what happened is i'm hard-coded for NO OFFER USE in the system...because I've blew them up so badly.

6. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked my last trip in May, I couldn't book it on the website. I had to call in and book it. The person who made my reservation found me an even better offer than I was going to book. I think that maybe low tech is the way to go to get the best deals. Because ultimately, you can ask a warm body general questions. You can't really do that on the internet.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I tried because I have the same offer

Try this.

After it rejects you, click on the link that says "Proceed to the rate calendar "

On that page ensure that the offer code still shows, then select Nov-2016 as the month and then click on search.

You should show
    [​IMG]
    You are currently viewing rates for:
    Clear code
    1GCHMHE40H44 has been applied.

8. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The site sucks in my opinion. It is painfully slow to load, and then difficult to follow the offer menus.
    Dates aren't available one minute, then refresh and there they are. Click on calendar dates, and it is hit or miss on room options.
    As to searching for dates by offers, I've had much better success using the calendar and then adding the offer code.
    I've also been able to call and have offers added to an existing reservation long after the initial bookings.

Anniversary Trip
  9. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried that...it said it was $155 for saturday, and free sun-thur.
    I have a "sales rep" from Pho that I emailed..he acted like he did me a favor by booking it, LOL. (Then again, maybe he did) hahahah

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did the Total Rewards agent say when you called the toll free number?

Sometimes you just gotta get do things the old fashioned way.

11. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I try and don't succeed, I don't try again. I call my host with the offer code. He sets me up with a nicer room than what TR would give me, and he applies the offer code. Even when I am able to reserve the room online using the offer code, I call my host later on, give him my confirmation number, and he sets me up with a better room that I couldn't get online.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup..something like that happened...
    but still, I mean, I work for a software company..you'd think whoever built the TR app/website, it would work a little better than it does!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to follow up on this, I just spoke to a higher-up in TR, and they said if it's within 72 hours, you can't book an offer using the website or app. He said inside of 72 hours, you need to directly call the property and speak to a host.
    Interesting, but at least now I know how they're system works.
    I didn't press the question, but I'm sure it has to do with walk-in inventory...

14. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I commented on this in the thread I made last week, but the 2nd time I called I let them know that I had just gotten the promotional e-mail that day. The 'same day' aspect of it seemed to have some meaning, and after being on hold for the time it takes to get through 400 hands of video poker I finally got approval.

To be honest, as a 25cVP and $10-$20 BJ player, I'm surprised I get comp room offers at all!

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if the website is inhouse or contracted out. I do know something has changed for the worse and at the wrong time since they don't want to do mailers anymore. TR used to be the best in the business but know when I compare them to BConnected Online, all the ways it lacks are painfully obvious. I mean, Boyd even has real time point status updates! That's in addition to neatly organizing offers by property in a way that you can easily also get property details without going to a different website altogether and the ability to easily click an offer and go to a functional reservation calendar.

I don't even get comp offers from TR anymore and I can't book the offers that they are sending me with modest room rate discounts. Something's really jacked up over there because I can't believe there is so much competition for a discounted room that they are booked up by the time I open my email.

16. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, the TR website is horrendous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.