1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bizarre hotel policy from Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ebiza, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I've got a slightly unusual problem, hope it's okay to post it here.

We booked two double rooms with Flamingo Las Vegas via a third party, that third party went bankrupt, but Flamingo honored the reservation for the original booking of two double rooms, which hadn't been paid, great stuff.

However, after telling us this, which is for the coming January, they required payment for the first night, fair enough, but instead of telling us what it was, and after asking via email, then being blocked, then asking via facebook, then being blocked there hehe, the only way to do this is by phone.

But we live in England...it strikes us as very odd the way they behaved.

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems and how they went about it.

Also, we are four people, and we have another two people already booked with them, so that hotel would be our prefered choice.

Thanks for any help.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not try to do stuff like this via Facebook - for sure. Either phone or email.

But - if I am reading this right, you have not paid anybody anything. (third party or Flamingo). If that is true, why not just go online and book the room direct with Flamingo?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, because, if we read correctly, the original deal is approximately half the price.

No not paid anything. None of it makes any sense, why give us the reservation, then do all they can to make sure we can't have it hehe they sent us a email so we could fax them with our details and first night room rate, they could have wrote the price on it...

Is there anyone on here that is staying there and could ask them? If we don't get the rooms, my brother and his partner might have to cancel so that we can stay at the same place...

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds as if this "third party" company never actually made the reservation for you with the Flamingo and it sounds as if the Flamingo wants to honor it but needs the details of that reservation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This whole thing sounds fishy to me. But that's just how I am. I would call the Flamingo to verify the price/rate before sending any payment. And personally, I would look up their phone number on their website and call that number. I'm overly cautious to situations like these.

6. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, it didn't go through, but flamingo do have the billing for it. I've given them all the details they need, they're well aware of it, hence their Caesar support team offering the original deal. All flamingo require, is the first night room and tax, but they're refusing to tell us what it is hehe

7. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I was going to call them, but as I say above, they refuse to quote us the first night cost. I know this because when I was emailing them (Caesar customer service), when it came to paying, they blocked my email address. I thought, okay, that one isn't working, i'll try another, same thing. I contacted Flamingo via facebook, they were very strange. I asked them, can you please call or email Caesar support team for the price, they refused. Then they blocked me too hehe

Anyone would think they don't want our custom...

So, if I call them, I'm in England, sure, might cost me a few £££'s, but what if they put me on hold, or just cut me off, that's why I'm on here, in the hope someone might be able to help me. My brother and his partner are already booked with them, be a shame they cancel it to be with us somewhere else...

8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is another reason why you never book with third party sites. If you find a lower rate with them, contact the hotel and they will usually match. Booking direct allows you more flexibility and more security. At least you didn't pay in advance. A lot of third party sites charge for the reservation at the time of booking and you may have been out the money.

10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't get satisfaction until you actually get on the phone and talk with them.

11. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to the cost to call the states - there are all kinds of internet apps that allow you to call intl from your phone. I have no idea what is available where you live, but there must be something.

12. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the links pebbles, that's brilliant of you. As I was installing the app from the second link, I tried calling them via 'Hangouts' on my computer for free, although it's 3am your time...

Salukidean, the third party company was Lowcost, we've booked with them many times prior, absolutely no problem. In fact, we did a package price, our flight is still in tact, we will still be going, and we haven't lost a single penny.
    Flamingo has matched the price, as I've stated above. But, it is approximately half of what they normally charge, thanks to Lowcost. It seems as if Caesars, because they own several hotels including Flamingo, have realised and are refusing to commit to a reservation that I have confirmed by email.

This is all too Hollywood now hehe

13. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know anyone that lives in the US? If so, maybe ask them to contact the Flamingo, explain the situation and see if someone from the Flamingo can call or email you?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generous and sweet idea.

But, I am standing here smacking myself in pain over the thoughts of dealing with Flamingo as a third party to the third party..... LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, no, it would be pointless as outlined above.

16. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had any place not willing to tell me the price. I would
    definitely call them and try and nail stuff down. Like JerryD said - it all
    sounds fishy. I have booked Caesar's properties both on the phone and online
    for years and years and you can always find out the price. Something is off here.
    You should speak to someone directly before getting to Vegas definitely.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ebiza

Ebiza MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi niteshade, we definitely will not be going without proper accommodation, likely someone else.

18. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well - wherever you stay - have fun!!

19. frankb

frankb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried calling them directly yet? It would be understandable if they don't want to discuss individual reservations on Facebook or via email, particularly if the email address is not associated with the booking due to the 3rd party.

20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you've called them and they refuse to honor the rate, then the only steps I can see left to do is dispute the charge with your credit card company due to the hotel refusing to honor the rate and booking another hotel room some where. Hopefully with less drama than going through a third party company. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.