1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need your recommendation for a hotel

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by CloudChaser, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudChaser

CloudChaser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear Vegas MessageBoard members,

this is my first post and I hope, you can help me out.

We are going to Las Vegas for the very first time in October this year. We thought this is off-season already, but it seems there must be some convention(s) going on causing the prices to go pretty high.
    Since we live in Germany and our next trip to Vegas won't be happening again that soon, I thought to come to this board and rely and your experienced opinions.

We will stay in Vegas 18.-19.10. and 22.-24-10. (in-between we will visit Grand, Antelope and Bryce Canyon).
    When doing some research I found that Cosmo's One Bedroom Terrace Fountain View rooms with a tub overlooking the strip would be just perfect. Prices start at s.th. around 170USD so I was getting exited already, but sadly rates rise to 600USD per night during our time.
    Also I am checking promo codes every day, but nothing relevant in sight so far...

Does someone from you has some advice when it comes to a room with a nice strip view? A tub overlooking the strip would be the icing of the cake. I know, that is quite a lot to ask for, especially since we thought of spending 200-250USD maximum per night (plus tax etc.). If the room is worth it, we would also stay the first night in a low budget hotel / motel.

I would be grateful if you could suggest a superb room for our first Vegas trip!
    Thank you & best wishes from Germany,
    Kathrin

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmo is an excellent choice. We've stayed there numerous times.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, stick with Cosmo. My gf loves the soaking tub. It has a window with a good view. Plus you get the balcony

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CloudChaser

CloudChaser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your answers DJ Ran and UKFanatic. Although I am glad to here the Cosmo is a good choice, I am even a little more sad at the same time since the price of 600USD per night is too much for our budget... Do you think or know of any promos for the Cosmo? In comparison to all the other Vegas hotels it seems that this one has little to no special offers.

Do you know of any other good choices for what we are willing to pay?

I apologize for so many questions! I am just hoping to have a fantastic trip to Vegas, but until now it appears we have no luck :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  5. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's definitely something going on because after checking a couple different properties, prices are really high. Cosmo is coming up over $450 a night. I was going to suggest Caesars but it's coming up over $340 per night. I've stayed at Paris numerous times. It's a nice property with a great location, just about mid strip. The pool area is decent. Not best but surely not the worst. The Red Rooms are nice, they're coming up less than $200 per night. They also have newly remodeled Burgundy Rooms that are $239 per night. Dont book a classic room. Maybe take a look on line and see what you think.

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind staying a few minutes away from the strip Hard Rock during October 22-24 is showing very reasonable rates for a Paradise Tower-King room.

Not as nice as Cosmo, but the pool area is great, and it's a $5 cab ride from the Strip.

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, I agree Cosmo will be very nice... however if its out of your price range can I recommend you a Aria? its right next door and if you like the style of
    Cosmo then you will like the Aria as well (decorations modern) Aria will be more "open" as big huge spaces vs Cosmo is more intimate setting? I don't know if people would agree but both places are very nice. Check out the Arias Skysuite if not Towersuite, both Aria suites would offer you limo pickup from the airport and great snacks and free bottled waters etc. Those suite price can range you should check ( I believe Tower Suites are lower price like 300 range so please check) Good luck ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October 19 is the third Presidential Debate scheduled to take place in Las Vegas. This will almost triple room rates for that week.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms are crazy expensive those dates in Vegas. You're not going to get what you want for your price. Not that week.

You're not going to get any suites at Aria or Cosmo for $250 a night during your dates.

11. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might check the Palms. Many rooms with a good Strip view and a very short distance to the Strip. Palms Place might a good tower to try.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CloudChaser

CloudChaser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your answers! I am going to check on the others rooms suggestions (thanks billduhcat, Drewm1972, JR Swift and again DJ Ran), even though based on Snidelys, smerrians and BarelyHangingOns post, I don't believe to have any fortune... That is really frustrating we picked a timeframe with a lot of conventions going on and that chance seems to be zero to get something decent. I feel like going back to bed and be grumpy all day, no, grumpy all week...

Now checked the other rooms:
    Can't book Paris. Official website says I have to book the night before - can't arrive on a Saturday.
    Hard Rock has really quite some nice rooms! But my better half says it is to far away from the strip. Same with Palms.
    Aria Sky/ Tower Suites starts at 630USD per night.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  13. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a small budget, I recommend 'New York, New York' and 'Excalibur', but they are, of course, very different to 'Cosmopolitan'.

14. CloudChaser

CloudChaser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been thinking about those two (of necessity) as well, but... it is hard to befriend with that. Actually I think or budget is quite ok - the timing is just really bad.

15. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, bad timing in Vegas can turn a good budget into a small budget.
    Ich wünsche Euch dennoch eine gute Zeit in Las Vegas!

16. bigred4770

bigred4770 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest checking Cromwell and Mandalay Bay - both are nice with great rooms

17. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I have stayed at Mandalay Bay and we like it. Room was very nice, bed comfy, and easy to navigate. Great pool area as well. Good prices even on the suites. Although, I don't know about your dates, what prices they are coming in at. My husband and I stayed in a standard room and it really was pleasant. No, it's not the cosmo, or Aria, but how dmuch time are you in the room anyway? The Hard Rock is really not that far from the strip. My husband and I have walked it, and he is 70 and I am 59. We just walk slow. LOL Best of luck to you!!!!

18. CloudChaser

CloudChaser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @PsyDoc Danke dir! :)

@bigred4770 / @K-9treatbaker Checked Cromwell. 213USD per night for a luxury king strip view. Doesn't sound actually that bad, does it?
    Mandalay Bay rates are too high for us during our dates. Otherwise a nice hotel, too. Yes, one does not spend much time in a hotel room in Las Vegas, but we'd like to enjoy that moment right before going to sleep when you take a look outside the window and see the sea of lights of the strip. We keep the Hard Rock in mind, but at this moment we still hope to find a good deal. But thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  19. MoreVegas

MoreVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Marriott Grand Chateau might be a good option for you. It's centrally located, within a short walk to Planet Hollywood and City Center. They show a rate of $249 for a 1BR villa, which is essentially a condo, with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Some of their rooms have great views of the strip. We've stayed there several times in the past and found it very comfortable and convenient. You can always book a villa and keep checking back for lower prices as you get closer to the cancellation deadline. Good luck!

20. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vdara and MGM Signature could also be worth checking out if you haven't looked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.