1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking a comp six months in advance

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mrem3200, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I emailed my host last week and asked him to book me a room next March, he called me a few hours later and told me he was going to hold off and not book it until Dec/Jan and told me not to worry that it was better for him to wait since it might affect my offer. I didn't press him on it but does this make sense?

Thanks

Rick

2. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a CET customer, I know offers are usually sent 3 months out. Right now my offers extend to the end of December, with a few generic ones for next year that will be not as good as the other offers I'll get in the coming months. So yeah, it makes sense that you'd wait. If you're comp'd now, you'll be comp'd in 3 months and it will save you host the hassle of going back into your reservation of updating your offer code.

3. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I appreciate the response, I should have said that I am CET.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not unusual. That means your host is basically booking whatever corporate offer is in the system for you and needs to wait to see what it is. If your host can comp you without waiting for the corporate offer, then they can book well in advance (e.g., my host already booked my SB trip a month ago; Guess I'm anxious for the big game, lol)

I Need Spa
  5. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, my last trip was in March of this year so it will be a full year in between trips for me. I am small time, basic room, airport limo, some free play and whatever backend room charges he can take care of. So I guess he wants to wait, which is fine he has been good to deal with.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, definitely better to wait and get the best possible deal the host can offer. :D

I Need Spa
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that for CET that makes sense though hosts can also just book the room and plug the offer in later.

My experience with Wynncore FWIW is different; I think better than my CET experience though. I don't have any Wynn offers yet after September 29th by I wrote my host a few days ago mentioning that I was coming to Vegas for a few days in October, over Thanksgiving and then at the end of the year. He's booking comped rooms, arranging for limo pick up and drop off and said he would check with his boss about free credit he could add based on previous play. If an offer pops up later I assume he can apply it. Another reason why I love Wynncore. They can be tighter on back end comps but it's less hassle up front.

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked 6 months out without any offers.
    If an offer arrives with Free Play or some other offer, I will send another e-mail to the host asking that he apply offer #### to my stay.

9. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely wait. I made the mistake of booking my upcoming trip 6 months ago because I wanted my host to get us the best possible seats for Celine and Lionel Richie. I knew he could add the free play offer that I've always gotten monthly like clockwork down the road. Usually that offer has been between 300-400 bucks.

I received those offers for every month except the month I'm going. Lesson learned.

10. RaceFanRay

RaceFanRay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my room for next month the day after I got home last Oct so one year out is doable with CET through the calendar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.