1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long hauled from Mandalay bay to airport

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Dzm3428, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzm3428

Dzm3428 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $21 cab ride to the airport from Mandalay Bay. We said something about it being too high. And cab driver said. "Fine, pay what you want".
    This is excessive,. Am I wrong? Yes there was a tunnel

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tunnel TO the airport? I thought the tunnel only went away from the airport?

Either way, I don't think that should have been more than $12-15.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did you pay?

5. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the ride cost $21 from LAS to MB ((Swenson/Tropicana) so not that unusual. MB is my home base and the fares are always around $20.

For some reason seem much cheaper from MB back to LAS.

I have had the long haul to MB - the fare was not much more $25+ but just did not sit right with me.

B

6. Dzm3428

Dzm3428 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid the full fare. But uber from the airport to the orleans was $10. So it seemed excessive. I've never been in the tunnel on the way to the airport.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way too much, he took u. yes under 15 , dont take taxes use lyft or uber

tunnel runs both ways.

he should have done strip too trop to airport .unless the new terminal

8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive taken a cab to and from CP from the airport for $16-17...

9. Uranium 235

Uranium 235 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't taxi operators realise that they're signing their own redundancy letter by long-hauling people in the age of Uber and Lyft?

Or perhaps they realise their time is nearly up and milking everyone they can get before the inevitable...

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go south on the Strip and follow signs to the airport, it will take you via the tunnel. Same going to the airport from Warm Springs Road.

11. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    google maps has 2.4 miles and 6 mins via Trop. 4.7 miles and 7 mins via tunnel. These times are without traffic, the tunnel route will be much quicker during peak traffic times.

IMO this is a not really a long haul, if $2 dollars means that much to you then take uber.

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Mint, I have a couple of trips from Mandalay/Delano back to the airport for $17 (including tip). My two Lyft experiences from Delano to LAS have been in the $10-11 range before tip.

13. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is your last point. They are getting fewer fares due to Uber and Lyft so they are trying to make more money per trip on fewer rides. Just my theory with nothing to back it up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fares are usually cheaper back because out of McCarren there is an airport fee - I believe it is about $2

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a surcharge on fares leaving the airport. It should always be cheaper going back.

Yeah, once you are south of MB and nowhere near Tropicana.

I think we underestimate what cab fares should be. There have been a lot of fares increases and surcharges that come and go. However, the correct route according to the Taxi Authority does not include the tunnel and it shouldn't have happened. People were trying to tolerate taxis with the tunnel from the airport trick. But the tunnel TO the airport crap is what really set tempers boiling and they started doing it earnest right when Uber came to town. I hope at least the construction work is over!

16. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was excessive. The tunnel may have been the fastest but it certainly wasn't the cheapest. Barring some unique bad traffic situation it should have been under $15 before tip.

To compare, my most recent Uber fare from Aria to the airport was around $11.

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $18 to go from MB to the airport? Which airport, the one in Henderson? You gotta be kidding me. I can't believe it, they charge that much just to go a couple of miles?

I checked google maps. All you do is take LVB and turn off on Giles St. or E Reno Ave. That way you avoid the lvb/trop intersection and you won't have too many lights to fight (or wait) with. This route will take you to Tropicana where you can then go east for a long block and turn on paradise to get you to the airport.

I can't believe using that route that will cost that much.

But then guess that's why I almost always rent a car when I'm in Vegas. Tired of these rip off prices and rather just pay extra to get the car for the whole day.

Really? $18 just to go from MB to the airport?

I can't even imagine how you would take the tunnel from MB, maybe go south and get on the 215 to go through the tunnel?

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the reason the tunnel is never cheaper or quicker is becuase the hwy 15 can back up so quickly then ur stuck and the meter keeps rising. never take the tunnel.

19. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.