1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Contest

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by mpaul7857, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about coughing up the cash and entering the super contest this year... It will be my 30th birthday 9/12 so I want to get into Vegas 9/9 so I can enter then stay through the following Monday

In all reality I'm sure I gamble more than $1500 ($1800 including proxy fee) over a season anyways...

Anyone who has played it care to share experiences? What proxy did you use? Good experience with them? What's the whole process like?

Do I at least get a T-Shirt for my $1500 donation...? :rolleyes2:

Thanks

Matt

2. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Matt: I am heading to Vegas next weekend for Super Contest weekend. I doubt the Westgate will have t-shirts but depending on the proxy service that you choose, they might have t-shirts. I am a 1st timer too, but I do not have to pay the entry fee. I won a contest in which the grand prize was an entry in the SuperContest and a 2 night stay @ the Westgate. I am planning to post a follow up in the
    Gamblino mobile app
    thread when I get back regarding my weekend there.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they give shirts lol. This is my 3rd year in it and registered again about a month ago.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man, can you send me who your proxy was? I wish I could get in for the mini contest but won't be in town until right before first Sunday. Going to pull the trigger I just gotta get hot ;)

Good luck to you in the contest

6. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Larry from lasvegascontestproxy.com $200 for the season, or $275 if you decide to sign up for two teams. 702-401-2230. Just signed up for the second year a few weeks ago. My team is GT Bangers (if you decide to use them, mention Donovan from GT Bangers. I think I get a referral bonus).
    It's pretty straightforward. You set up a time to meet with your proxy at the Westgate when you're in Vegas to sign up for the contest. They have to be present at registration since they are making the picks on your behalf, and they have to sign your registration form. Cash payment to them, but you can pay for the SuperContest with cash or credit. You just have to pay the 3% service charge. You'll both receive a players card (one for you, one for the proxy) that they use to enter your picks each week.
    With our proxy, we have to have our picks emailed to him by 5pm Friday (Vegas time). that gives him the full day on Saturday to get them entered, just in case something goes wrong. If you're going to pick the Thursday games, which I don't recommend, ALL your picks have to be in by 6pm Wednesday. You can't send just the Thursday pick and the rest later. All picks have to be entered at one time. That's why I don't recommend picking for Thursday, never mind the fact that the games almost always suck and are a bigger crapshoot than any other game that week.

Lather, rinse, repeat for 17 weeks. Easypeasy.

7. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man - Yeah I want to do it as an experience. It's a lot of cash to cough up... but you only turn 30 once... may as well make it expensive!

I'll hit up Larry, hopefully I can meet up the night before...

The 3% service charge is for credit, right?

8. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the surcharge is only if you use a credit card. Cash or check is straight $1500. I put it on the card to get the miles, even though I had the cash for it. Easy way to get 1545 miles and pay it off the following month. 4 friends and I do the picks each week, and I email them off to Larry when we decide. $340 per person is a lot easier to get together than the whole shebang, but if I hadn't of talked my friends into it last year, I might have done it on my own. We also have a side contest amongst ourselves for best picks overall, stuff like that.

9. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any one from the board planning to attend the Friday function at the Westgate?

10. Firedew

Firedew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never can get there in time. Gonna be out 9/8 - 9/12. Will get registered w my Proxy at Westgate on Fri. 10 days away and love NFL week 1 in Vegas!

11. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I do well Saturday and Sunday I might sign up. I've thought about it the past couple years, just haven't been out at the right time. Maybe I'll take advantage of being there this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.