1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Yes, I admit it. I'm a GGWU w**re!!!!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, CET sent out a promotion today:

"We're going to give you a 2x multiplier on ALL GGWU POINTS EARNED JANUARY 1, 2016 THROUGH OCTOBER 15, 2016 when you stay and play with us between September 1, 2016 and October 15, 2016!"

So, I had to look at the fine print. It showed that I only had 50,000+ in GGWU points, when in fact I have over 170,000 points. 50,000 points are points that have been earned through play. It doesn't include bonus points accumulated through the bonus events.

Originally, I thought it was LV properties only, and I hadn't planned on making another trip to LV this year.

So, I was prepared to change the offer under which I booked the "Celine Dion" trip. It is a GGWU Bonus I was only earning 42,000 points on that trip. Then, after reading the fine print more closely, the offer included all 15 sites where GGWU points can be earned, which included Reno/Tahoe.

My ADT had dropped significantly because of the low play trips that I had taken, and I hadn't planned on making another trip to Reno until December, or 2017, but here was an "opportunity" to make up some play, and maybe win (I haven't forgotten the primary goal).

So, I had my Reno host book the weekend before I travel to LV. What I will do is drive up Friday night, spend the weekend, pick up my ex-wife and son on the way home, drive back to San Jose, have my ex-wife drop me off at the airport, and fly to LV a day earlier than I had planned.

The only flaw(s) in that plan was Sunday. I don't want to have to put in another day's play at CET, so I'm looking for a "throwaway" room for Sunday night. Perhaps Silver Sevens, or somewhere downtown. I have no plans to play Sunday night. Also, the rental car rates double if I re-rent for another day, so I will definitely look for something that has a reduced rate shuttle.

This should raise my GGWU total to very close to 400,000, that plus the 500,000 (or more) for HGS,

Well, I guess that's my "rebate" for the year.

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 486k ggwu points and thought it was 2x on that also. Most likely be out in Vegas at the end of sept so it might be worth it to play some.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought was GGWU is tied to Golden Gate, but they don't have a Reno location. So what is GGWU?

4. DozerTheBulldog

DozerTheBulldog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a nutshell, CET has whats called their Great Gift Wrap Up where you get to pick from a "catalog" of items where you redeem points earned over the course of a year. I think they have doing this sort of thing for a while now, maybe 7-10 years? it usually includes all points from January thru end of November maybe? then they have a set time - usually 1 or 2 weeks after that where you have the chance to redeem those points.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

6. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We've gone every year for the last five years or so but not this year. They've downgraded the offerings so much that it's no longer worth making a special trip for us. Even with all the multiplier days we attended last year, we still got much less than in previous years.

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been 30,000 points for $100 (FP or gift card) at both mLife HGS and CET GGWU since 2014 (first year I participated)

8. LVchix

LVchix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if you have to be registered as a guest during this promotion time in order to get the multiplier , or is it just as long as my card registers some play during the promo period to get the multiplier?

I have to agree with.NandJfrmNJ , the gift points are getting harder and harder to accumulate . I will have over 200k gift points, but that is only because I attended 2 GGWU events. Otherwise my base points is only 39,000 points. I won't be able to get out there during the multiplier period, but now debating whether I should ask someone I know who is heading to LV to play a little card to activate the promotion. Not sure if it is worth wrecking my ADT over this either.

9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my understanding that a stay is required, but "massive" play isn't.

From the invite:

"Stay must take place between September 1, 2016 and October 15, 2016 at a Las Vegas Total Resort Property to qualify for multiplier. Guest must play to earn at least 1 Reward Credit during stay to qualify for multiplier."

Oops, looks like Reno might not count. The good thing is that I can cancel my Reno trip. The bad thing is that I may have to fly to LV for a quick overnighter.

I've emailed my host for further details.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I came to my senses. After reading the fine print once again, it appears that a Las Vegas stay is required.

So, after weighing what I would REALLY be getting,

I've decided to take the high road and cancel taking this promotion, because:

What I would be getting (at most) would be 50,000 GGWU points, about $166.00 worth of points.

It doesn’t make sense to change to it instead of the GGWU bonus event, because I’d be “losing” GGWU points, since the GGWU bonus event (plus the aggregate bonus) would be 67,000 minimum, vs. 51,000 for the “double up” bonus.

So, after giving it much thought,

1) It doesn’t make sense to spend $125 In airfare (although I could fly on points) to gain $166.00 in points, plus, all of the logistic hassles.
    2) If I was “up” or significantly “less down” this year, I might be able to justify it.
    3) If there were some other significant compelling non-gambling reason for me to go, I'd consider it.

So, unless my LV host tells me that I can "double up" (not likely), it looks like I'm OUT.

Update . . .
    CET Just responded:

"Thank you for contacting Caesars Entertainment. It is my pleasure to assist you with your offer inquiry. I apologize about the confusion regarding this offer. To take advantage click the link provided. Please note a minimum of three consecutive nights in Las Vegas are required and earn at least 1 Reward Credit during your stay between Sept 1st - Oct 15th. Please let me know if I can assist you further. "

I can't/won't stay 3 nights. I'm definitely out.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  11. LVchix

LVchix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some good points Dai Lun... I only wish I could make the October event this year, but I will have to be satisfied with bonus on the 2 events I've attended. Dai Lun ... Any word on whether Myvegas will ve offering the HGS points to the general public this year and if so, when will it come out ?

12. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't spoken with my host directly on this lately, but the talk is that mLife/myVegas will participate in the November event this year. I will ping my host and see what I can find out.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  13. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that's total BS. Nowhere in the fine print does it say you have to stay a minimum of three consecutive nights. They'll have a lot of very pissed off people if they try to enforce that after sending out this email.

"Stay must take place between September 1, 2016 and October 15, 2016 at a Las Vegas Total Resort Property to qualify for multiplier. Guest must play to earn at least 1 Reward Credit during stay to qualify for multiplier."

14. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three night stay and only need 1 RC that makes no sense. I would try a host it sounds like some misinformation...........at least I would hope....Rick

15. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 1 RC is posted in the promo. The 3 night minimum is sort of sketchy, but I have decided to pass. We'll see what my host says.

16. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The more I read the offer the more it looks like as long as you are in Vegas they will multiply your gift points. On the web site I don't see a place to reserve a room with the "offer". It just sounds like another person answering a question with out the proper answer. We are going to be in town for New Years so really haven't paid too much attention to GGWU this year. The offer is not date specific just looks like a promotional offer for a extended period of time. Hopefully when you are there you can get both Celine and 2x points..Rick

17. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, the last thing on this offer. I received two more emails from CET regarding this . . .

"Thank you for contacting me back. The offers appears that you would essentially have to book a stay on another offer or best rate during the specified dates to receive the bonus Gift Points. Please let me know if I can assist you further."

So, I replied:

"Thank you for responding. I am booked on another offer at Caesars Palace October 3-5. Would this one count and do I just need to check in at the TR desk to get credit?"

And CET replied:

"Registration is not required in order for you to receive the bonus. The Gift Points will be automatically added to your account after your visit."

So, we'll see after my October trip whether I get more GGWU points.

18. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds about right. Glad you are getting the right information

19. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that does sound right. I wouldn't expect the double points to show up RIGHT after your October trip, though. They probably will get added sometime after the end of the promo.

20. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To receive the 2X promotion, there is no offer, you just need to play during the time period stated on the communication. That being said, coming in and playing a penny slot for 5 mins and bolting would destroy your adt. Pretty sure there isn't a minimum and you don't have to book a room but I'll double check. As I have said on my thread, do not take my statement as gospel and go running to TR with "hunter said this". I'll confirm and repost with the most accurate information Friday when I get back in from my off days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.