1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iPhone Calendar help needed...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jgates8, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I have newest operating system & just did most recent update tonight (calendar items disappeared before that update).

Over the last 8 weeks or so I have periodically lost ALL calendar items. It seems to happen only when I hit 'later or snooze' on an event that pops up as a reminder. Then absolutely every item on the calendar (other than default holidays etc) is gone. And of course when something pops up & you are busy you hit snooze/later automatically!

A couple weeks ago I installed Tiny Calendar and had begun using that instead. Tonight I had a pop-up on that & hit the later button and everything was gone from Tiny Calendar, as well as the default calendar.

I did a ton of searching & only seem to come up with the suggestion (repeatedly) to change the sync to keep all items. That was mentioned several times but more in reference to losing 'older' items. Supposedly everything would reappear once you opened calendar again. But nothing came back (new or old).

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

2. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one suggestion would be to make an appointment at the Apple store and ask for guidance. I do this and they are always happy to help. Good luck!

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say look at your icloud account calendar (if you have it syncing somewhere other than your phone)
    we had a vp that happened to on his iphone..where the iCal and outlook calender wouldn't mesh..I had him just delete the iCal account, then readd it, and set it sync all items for all time..that seemed to do the trick.

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apple store is out - I live in West Central WI & I think closest would be Madison (a bit over 2 hours) or Mpl/StPaul 2.5 hrs. My local cell provider gave me the sync daily change also that I found online, but it didn't help.

I'll try deleting the iCal & redoing and see where I go from there. It is set to sync to cloud I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My settings are set to sync to iCloud and my sync is set for daily. However there is nothing on the iCloud calendar either. Evidently when it deleted all my stuff on my phone, it then synced and cleared it on iCloud also. I can't trust it at all evidently. As I said, it worked GREAT until maybe 6 to 8 weeks ago (I've had an iPhone for several years now). Then all of a sudden, hit snooze & everything is gone.

6. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Sorry, no help here other than lots of sympathy! That sucks. I would be LOST without my calendar!

Fingers crossed for you.

Cheers,
    Kelly

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kelly - for now I think I am just going to have to use the Notes or Reminders and just check them a couple of times a day. I just prefer it POPS UP & says hey idiot, don't forget to do this. To me this is a bug from one of their updates. Otherwise it wouldn't just randomly start happening.

8. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Calendar(s) are linked to iCloud, 2 email addresses, US Holidays, Birthdays and Events found in Mail.
    You can choose which one to Sync on your device. Have you by any chance signed into iCloud.com with
    your Apple ID and Password just to check that Calendar? Assuming you have a Mac.

Sometimes my iMac Calendar doesn't know which Calendar to look at. I have it mainly set to the iCloud
    acct but I have multiple listings on each date. I'll admit it's a little weird. Color coding each acct on the
    iMac helps. But if you have just an iPhone try manually backing it up.

Choose --> Settings / iCloud / Backup.

9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Somewhat related but has anyone noticed that their battery is draining much faster than normal after the last system update?

We both have noticed that in the last week or so since we loaded an update.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually letsgotovegas - I was noticing that too - I assumed I maybe wasn't paying attention & killing my apps. I may start to put it on low power mode during work - not like I need any of the extra stuff there.

I spent a considerable amount of time with online chat tech support. Still not sure we got anywhere. I changed the setting so that the default was saving to icloud vs.Google calendar it seemed to be defaulting to for some reason (store originally set that up so who knows). I have been trying to force it to lose appointments last couple of days by snoozing absolutely EVERYTHING that pops up- so far it's all good. I'm not sure that I still feel safe enough to record all appts there after losing stuff. The 'missing' things did not come back & were not in the cloud when I had logged in there. Also were not in either gmail or hotmail calendars. They were just GONE.

We will give it a few weeks & see if everything hangs around this time. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.