1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Diamond Celebration Dinner Deadlines

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JR Swift, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK...I am a little confused here so please bear with me. I did do a search on here and didn't feel like the question had actually been asked or answered. I just recently reached Diamond status with CET. I know one of the benefits is the $100 Celebration Dinner. I was under the impression that I could use it anytime before my 2017 Diamond status expired, which is the end of January 2018. So tonight I get an email from my host (I still find the idea that I even have one weird) that she would be happy to book a reservation for me to use this benefit and to make sure that I used it before it expired at the end of January 2017. Is that correct? It isn't a problem for me to use it before then but hadn't been planning on it. I'm sure the experts on here know what is going on.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's for your 2016 Diamond award Dinner. If you've earned Diamond for 2017, that one expires January 2018.

3. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm...so are you saying that, since I earned Diamond during this calendar year, I get a dinner for that which I have to use before the end of January 2017? And that I also get a dinner next year because I will be Diamond through January of 2018?

4. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I think that is true. You get one every Diamond year. That first year you are Diamond effectively during 2 of their tier credit "years". First one is a partial one but that is all it takes to get the celebration dinner.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That pretty well explains it. The deadline used to be March 31st. I made Diamond in November in Council Bluffs in November 2014. I was able to use that 2014 $100 dinner anytime up to 3/31/15. Then I had the 2015 one to use thru 12/31/2015. Only difference now is I would have had only until 1/31/2015 in todays's time-frames. Since that time, I would now only receive one each year that I re-earn that diamond status.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to throw a monkey wrench in this. I first made Diamond in 2015.

I used that Diamond Dinner in January of this year (2016). When they switched the expiration date from 3/31 to 1/31, this question started coming up a lot. So I wrote to TR and this is the reply I got:

Your Question
    04/30/2016 05:26 AM
    I expect to reach Diamond level on my next trip to Caesars in July (2016), and earn the Diamond Celebration Dinner award. Is it correct that this award will expire on January 31, 2017 instead of March 31 as in previous years?
    Thanks...

Answer
    04/30/2016 01:06 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Caesars Palace!

I would be happy to assist you with your Diamond benefit inquiry. Since you are already Diamond and received the benefit for 2016, the Celebration Dinner offer will not be loaded into your account until the first of February 2017 and you will have until January 31, 2018 to redeem it. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything further.

Have an amazing day!

Thank you for choosing Caesars Palace!

Total Service Central Team
    Caesars Entertainment
    877-716-4500

7. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It appears there is a difference between someone earning Diamond for the first time and someone earning it again. Best I can tell is that the first timer earns the dinner to be used by the end of January in the following year. Someone earning it again will not have their dinner credited to their account until the beginning of February in the following year. I am just going to go ahead and use it next month in Las Vegas. Thanks for the input.

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be correct on someone earning Diamond for the first time, but I'm not sure. Since I earn the 15k tier points necessary every year, the Diamond for me is good from February 1st the following year to January 31st the year after that, and the $100 dinner is applied during that same time period. Since I got over 15k tier points in August 2016, it extends my Diamond from February 2017 thru January 2018, and my $100 dinner is applied during that same time period, February 2017 thru January 2018. My current $100 celebration dinner is from when I made over 15k tier points last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.