1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Trip that included Sucking up the the Carnivale Court Bouncers

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MNVegasgal, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Nice quick flight on NWA from MSP. We actually arrived 1/2 hour early at 8:30 AM Vegas Time. Quick over to Thrifty Car Rental and got our full size vehicle for $14.99 a day. Headed out to Green Valley Ranch.. had great hope of hitting the Jackpot.. but someone had just won it as it was at 100,000K. Found lots of fun machines, and played there for quite a while. Ended up about Even, and earned enough points for $15.00 off of our lunch. Had a GREAT Steak Sandwich.. that had blue cheese on it. .YUMMY. Hubby made sports bets, and won 6 our of 8. Headed to the Rio to check in for one night.. they offered a free Saturday, we took them up on it. Checked in and got a room and headed to the floor. I played a lot of machines, but the Double Double Cheeseburger was very nice to me when I hit 3 double diamonds.. and hit for $600 bucks. YIPPEE.. then I went on tilt playing full coin on a bunch of penny bonus machines, lost $200 really quick. I realized while I was there that I HATE that stupid Party that goes around. It is loud, and very obnoxious, I like listening to good tunes when I gamble.. not that shocking circus music. Anyway out to the pool for a bit, and then up to the room to shower and get ready. Headed over to Carnivale Court to meet CoasterKikki, VegasJer, Ill Marti, Stickyfinger (and hubby), and Vegas Tonya. Jer, Sticky and Kikki were all there, so we checked out the menu, and ordered these awesome lemondades. Sorry Kikki that we got you started on them.. but I paid for them later, Major Hearburn. Anyway, right away this chick gets up and sticks her head in the garbarge and is hurling, and then Security comes and makes her leave. I made it my mission to be nice to all the security cards so that I was treated nicely if I had to put my head in the Garbage.. Each time they walked by I called them by their names (on their tages, Said Hello, High Fived, and gave them knuckles). Luckily I didn't have to use my sucking up powers, but I like to be prepared. Danced to some Disco with Kikki and Sticky, and headed back to the table to watch Jer work his magic with the dealers. Hubby wasn't feeling real hot so we headed back to the Rio. Found out later that we missed making Platinum in a day by 23 stinking points. WTH..

Sunday AM we walked over to Gold Coast for some breakfast. I played some Geisha Millionaizer for a bit and won about $200. After breakfast.. I gave it all back.. dumb dumb dumb. Checked out of the Rio and headed to Paris where we had two free night comped. I like the hotel.. but I lost here over and over. Hubby wasn't feeling real well so we stayed around Paris all day and night. Went to supper at the cafe and had the French Onion Soup and Bread.. YUMMY. We were both pretty tired ( i know it's vegas, what a bunch of wimps, but went up to bed and watched Desperate Housewives and hit the sack). After 10 hours of sleep we both felt MUCH BETTER.

We had to go to the Rio and Green Valley Ranch so Keith could cash in winning sports bet. We wanted to see Wynn, so we thought we would hit that first and stay for an hour or so. Stayed until Noon, and had enough points on my card for the free buffet.. IT was excellent, and many great options, Chinese Chicken salad was so tasty. Keith and I both won here.. and again I played Millionizer for hours on the Geisha game. I'd put in $10, cash out $50 and start over. Came out $250 ahead.. and lots of points on my card. When I went to cash them in for the buffett, a host gave me her card and said "Call me when you want to make Reservations".. Don't know what that means, but may try it sometime, I'd love to stay there. They were having computer problems for a couple hours, so machines wouldn't take tickets, and some had to be paid by attendants, the ATM type machines where you could cash in were also down, so long lines at the cashier. Bonus Bingo didn't play during this time. Some people were so rude about it.. but having worked in the Computer Industry.. this kind of stuff happens and you can't take it out on the floor people.

Headed over to Rio, hubby ran in to cash his bets, and we went back out to GVR. Played for a while.. and went up and down, down to my last $80.00 I had with me, back up to $150, back down, back up .. ended at $180.00. Keith hit a 5 spot in Keno for $400 bucks so he was happy. He had come out of Wynn with $350 of their money between Keno and VP.. so he was having a good day. Headed back to Paris, cleaned up and walked over to Alladin... I wanted to play the Fort Knox machines, and did .. but it just ate and ate.. and noone got the Fort Knox Bonus during the 40 minutes I was sitting there.. I was bummed, as I hit the big one on this in Tunica in May and got my first W2. Got enough points for free t-shirts, and Keith got the Ugliest button up gambling shirt, covered with cards, dice etc. He'll wear it for Poker Night.. and maybe bring it to Vegas next time. Headed over to Bally's.. again.. I couldn't hit anything.. but he held his own playing 3 card poker for an hour, only losing $5.00 total. Back to Paris, and more losing.. Headed to bed around Midnight. Got up at 7:00 AM for a 9:30 flight. Checked out.. or tried to.. computers were down (is there a pattern with us), so asked them to apply our comps to our room charges and headed out. Returned the car.. hit the airport and left on time. I was ready to be back in my own bed.. BUT.. WE had to spend our afternoon back pressure washing our house.. It was EGGED with over 4 dozen eggs on Saturday Night.. Lovely.. the joys of having teenagers in your house, means they have teenage friends who think this kind of thing is funny... It was 30 Degrees saturday night.. so cleaning off frozen egg was OH so FUN.

I really enjoyed going to my first meet.. I hope next time we don't have such an early flight, and Keith doesn't have Sinus Issues. Kikki, Jer, Marty, Sticky Fingers and Vegas Tonya, you guys are a hoot.. and I really enjoyed meeting you. Lucky for Me I wasn't the lady with my head in the GARBAGE.

2. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's always next time.

"Jer, Sticky and Kikky" - :evillaugh

Nice TR.

3. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn glad I met ya!!!

Next time, I wanna hang out with you two more. I loved talking and drinking those evil great tasting whatever they were's with you! I payed for it later too.. A night on the El Cortez bathroom floor!!!:(

I was wondering about how tough that egg was gonna be to remove.. Damn teenagers!:evillaugh

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was great to meet you too CeCe - sorry our time together was so short! I hope next time Keith feels better. If I'd known at the time, I might have been able to help out - I carry Motrin Sinus with me since I suffer from sinus headaches a lot. Wouldn't help an infection, but would have at least relieved a little pressure... oh well :(

Yeah, it wasn't me paying the price for those drinks later - it was Jer. Ouch.

Overall though, a great time! Let's do it again! You are coming for MM3, right? :)

5. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the Lemonades. and I wish I could remember what the menu said they were made up.. but they were good.. Sorry Jer for getting you started on something that Kicked your BUTT

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember reading that the lemonades were citron vodka, raspberry vodka and pink lemonade. Yep, they were deadly, but sooooo yummy.

7. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cece,

Nice TR.

I was nice meeting you and your husband. I had ,um, health issues the day before so I know lousy that had to be for your hubby.

Lets see if you can get your head in the can next time.

Go Bears.:evillaugh:

Marty

8. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering what (or who) is knuckles :evillaugh . J/K CeCe - it just sounded funny. Good idea being prepared for an iminent dumpster dive :thumbsup: . Nice trip report - hope to meet you in March.

9. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Knuckles is what the "cool people" do.. the knock knuckles instead of shaking hands or High Fiving.. the security did it to one of the Hot Dealers, so when he walked by I called out his name, stuck out my knuckles, and we knocked knuckles.. Just like the "Hip Crowd"..LOL.. My 15 year old would have died of embarassment if I did that in front of her. LOL.

10. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While researching online (hehehe) I just found the Carnaval Court menu and the following description:

Twisted Lucky Lemonade:
    Enjoy this traditional Summertime classic but with a lucky twist. We add the delicious flavor of Smirnoff Raspberry Twist Vodka and Smirnoff Citrus Twist Vodka to pink lemonade.

It was yummy. I still think that Toxic Lemonade is a better name though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.