1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

thanks for the reminders about checking Southwest's fares

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ace-n-Lucille, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked our trip - for October - around July 4. And remembering reading on this forum to check the fares now and again to see if they go down.....

One of our flights dropped yesterday by $32 ea. By changing and rebooking the flight (I even had to get on here and do a search so I'd know how to go about it, but someone had posted easy instructions so it turned out to be super-easy) I now have a credit of $96. Not as good as a refund, but better than a kick in the pants!

So thanks for all the info I get from y'all on here.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic. Just remember you have to use that credit within a year of when you booked your original reservation, not one year from your flight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree! I booked my October trip back in May for the very low price of $89 each way (nonstop) from Dallas and was proud of myself. I hadn't really checked back because I didn't think I could do any better. Fast forward to yesterday and one of the guys who is going texted to say I should check on the fare and the same exact flights I had booked had dropped to the obscene $41 each way. So jumped on and now have roundtrip for less than I'll probably pay on airport parking and a nice $96 credit to use for the spring trip!

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
  4. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reminder! I check every once and a while. Just got my return flight down another $30

5. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

I check often. Probably too often. The price on our outbound flight has been the same for MONTHS. But I hadn't checked in the last day or so. Your post prompted me to go ahead and look. Well, low and behold, our outbound flight in October dropped $40! Now we each have $98 to use on a future trip! (The return flight had already dropped and been rebooked!).

Thanks for the reminder - you did your good deed for the day and saved several of us some $$'s! I hope the gambling gods are paying attention and that you are richly rewarded on your next trip!

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feel-goods Kelly. Made my evening. :) May you be right about the gambling gods smiling on us on our trip.....

We don't travel much anymore, so I'm pretty much out of the loop - but airfares seem entirely weird to me these days. After checking this thread tonight, I went to SWA to check our flights again, just out of curiosity, and the inbound flight was back to it's original price. So it ends up that I accidently checked the fares and hit just the right day to save us our $96.

Weird.

Hope I can maybe do it again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread prompted me to check mine too. Dropped about 3000 points for my round trip. More points back in the bank for next spring's trip. Thanks for the reminder.

Another reason why I love this message board. So many tips and such great advice.

8. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

What's even crazier in my case is that I checked again this morning and the outbound flight I grabbed cheap yesterday is about $70 more today so I'm super happy I snagged it yesterday!

Happy airfare hunting y'all!

Cheers
    Kelly

9. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point and just to be clear, to use the credit, you have to fly within a year of when you booked your original reservation.

10. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know everyone knows this by now.....but I checked our flights an hour ago (for October) and one of our flights had dropped by $32.00/ea. AGAIN, so I rebooked again, and got a credit of $96.00 again.

Gonna have to win in Vegas so we can plan another trip to use up our credit!

11. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check flights often...found a really low rate to Orlando for a week in January going out of Austin. Houston was double the price and Austin is only an hour further away. Checked again last night and switched to Houston for $9.99 additional fare. Since we have the companion pass, that was the total cost of the change...

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And make sure you keep the Confirmation Number of that flight, the credit is associated w/ that number and you'll need that to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.