1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pawn stars

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by caroleehs, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caroleehs

caroleehs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    read somewhere you can meet the stars of the show on Thurs. anyone know what time? Think a donation is asked for charity.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha ha, they would have to pay me to see them. It would have to be a big amount though, I would waste my time to see these guys.

4. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if this is part of his community service??

5. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha, My wife got a picture with him back in '09, I swear he's high as a kite all the time,

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm definitely not a "fan" of theirs, although I occasionally watch when nothing much is on and I'm flipping through channels.

I will say that the trip to see the shop was worth it, even if only to say you were there. ;)

[​IMG]

When we went there was no line, early evening. I will say that for the items there that I knew the street price of, most were waaaayyyyyy overpriced! of course none of the "stars" were there that evening.

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been to the shop once just to see it. Certainly looks bigger in the show, I don't think Rick and the rest show themselves very often from what I have read in reviews of the place. I have visited some of the other reality tv places and caught a glimpse at least of some of the stars. I briefly saw Rick at Ricks Restorations, Roli and HornyMike at Counts Kustoms and The General at ATM.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they take the interior shots with a very wide lens, which does make interiors look more spacious. In the shot I posted above, that would have been taken with the little Olympus with the lens set on a 35mm focal length, which will give a moderate boost to "spaciousness" in the image. Images which real estate agents use on their web sites (LOL, if they take them with a real camera anymore) :) are often shot with a 28mm or 21mm lens, and thus will appear roomier than the home does in real life.

However (comma, big comma here) I've been led to believe, maybe from posts here, that much of what you see on the show is actually shot on a "set", a mock-up of the shop. I've heard that this set is either in or near the main building, or is off on another lot somewhere in the area. I have not seen anything to substantiate it at all.

9. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there when they were filming so they do film on site. in fact a baby stroller that was on the counter and they guy was talking about it. that scene showed up on tv a couple months later. we were not allowed to take any pictures at the time.

10. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they definately have a seperate set behind the actual store.
    They seem to do most of their shooting there now.

If you are a Pawn Star regular watcher,
    you may have noticed the difference.

Been there a couple times and never seen Any PS staff except their Security guy.
    He was nice.
    Seen Rick out & about with his family, and Son & wife at airport......

Thinking with the trouble Chumlee had earlier this year, Pawn Stars may
    have run its course...... thinking the show may not get renewed.

11. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking that I have not seen it lately in reruns...so maybe the History channel is done with them

12. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they just had a marathon on thursday

13. cokeboy99

cokeboy99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new shows they've aired recently are half best of's, and half new episodes....but there are still new ones being produced. Typically the new episodes air on Wednesday nights I believe.

14. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like most "reality" shows, the longer it goes the less "reality" there is.

I do not watch it any more. They are not actors and yet they set up these little skits for them as if they are happening naturally and it is just really bad.

The education part is great but watching too much of it gets old fast.

15. Willy Makeamess

Willy Makeamess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited the shop a couple of weeks ago and were pretty underwhelmed tbh.
    The stock didn't seem up to much and the shop had a funky smell to it but it was another Vegas place ticked off the list so hey ho.

Also got my photo taken with a lifesize cardboard Rick.
    :D

16. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Rick across the street at the 'Pawn Plaza' eating lunch at his pub....think it's 'Rolling Ricks' or some such! Was fun but wouldn't go back, seen the store, seen Rick, job done!

17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree! "Jumped the shark", maybe?

18. cssvt

cssvt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one time I went they weren't there. Supposedly we were a few days shy of The Old Man's birthday so had we waited a couple of days it would've been better. They were selling commemorative coins to celebrate (didn't buy one). The guy I went with went back on his last trip and Rick WAS there and my buddy actually got to try on the Pats Super Bowl ring they have there (which is supposedly rarely offered..didn't buy it either).

Cab driver who took us said that you can always tell from the outside if the stars are in or not. if they are, the line goes out the store and around it. If they aren't it's pretty much just a regular pawn shop crowd...maybe a few more people than the normal pawn shop.

19. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked past it a couple of years ago, and there was a huge line waiting to get in. I figure that's good enough for me. And, yeah, there was someone on here that said that they were picked to be filmed, and they took them in the back to a set that was made up to look like the front. But, it was larger. Guess so they could move the cameras around better.

20. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been watching some of the newer episodes over here in the UK. They have seem to have gone back to concentrating on items coming into the shop rather than some silly story lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.