1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did anyone make the switch to Cosmo and what offer did you get?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by weiman, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FordDlr

FordDlr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving: 8/22 Monday, checking out 8/25 Thursday this is what I can include, upfront:

Complimentary Terrace Suite with Premium View

Transportation to and from the Airport

VIP check-in

Platinum Tier match

$500 Free slot play

$300 F&B

Any additional comps would be based on play once the agreed upon comps are covered. Please let me know if you would like me to proceed with the booking. Any questions or specific requests other than what you have already shared, please call or email me.

I do hope this works out for you. I know you will really enjoy our accommodations. They rank right up there with some of the best on the strip, and are arguably the best, when you throw in the balconies.

This is my offer. Very generous in my opinion. Looking forward to my stay. I have to say they have been outstanding in their communications. They actually make me feel like they really want my business. I really want to thank Kevin and my assigned host Ricci. This is how business should be done. I would highly recommend everyone giving them a try.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa, thanks JeJas, I've seen a bunch of talk on Buffalo on VMB and was wondering if I should try it on my next trip out. I avoid games like Megabucks as it just eats my money too quickly...if Buffalo is up there, you saved me some disappointment! :D

P.S. Was also pleased with my offer post trip. 4 nights, $250 FP/$100 RC. When I called, it was for a Terrace One Bedroom. I'm a low-to-mid level player (on this site closer to low!) so I was very pleased with the offer, and I tacked on a 5th night for the freebie sterling night.

I've been hardcore Mlife as they're very generous with room comps for us, but Identity flat gives way more back for tier levels. We like longer trips, so being able to do 4-5 nights, just on corporate offers, is huge for us.

Cosmo is now getting a much bigger chunk of my play on future trips, as it doesn't make sense for us to push so hard for Mlife platinum when Identity Gold seems to give way more...at least for our needs.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed with the Cosmo instead of mLife on our last trip over the 4th of July and did a decent chunk of our gambling at the Cosmo (though granted it's not much!). I earned about 1500 points playing slots/VP and probably spent a few hours playing $20 roulette. Some people have been posting about getting quick offers in response, within the 10-15 day mark even but I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe it's still coming or maybe they just weren't very impressed (I forgot to use my identity card when we went out to eat in the property so that was a mistake). We really enjoyed our trip and we'd definitely stay there again, probably even if we have to pay for our own room.

4. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer that included FP/FB came roughly a month later. I did get an offer to return for a Slot Tournament during checkout, but that was from my host.

5. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The host that Kevin referred me to and I met while there days it's usually 3 or 4 weeks for offers to catch up. He did say if I planned to be back before then to just call him.

6. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I got my first offer yesterday as its different from the usual 2 free nights or $400 offers I received before my stay.

This offer is 3 nights over a weekend (no idea on room type), a slot tournament entry and identity play.

7. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never posted my offers post-visit as it took a while to get them in. Initially, I got a match offer from Cosmo to my Palazzo/Venetian 3 any night + 75 FP. They offered me two nights friday and saturday in the terrace studio (super nice), but no free play and waived the resort fees. I got in late Friday night and left midday Sunday. I didn't know how I was going to work in enough play on a short friday and sunday while being comped two weekend nights.

I kept it to slots and craps. Craps I played typically 25 line, max odds, and played across the numbers. 2-way hardway ($25 and $5) if the point was 4, 6, 8, or 10. I was rated as 109 avg bet over 3 hours of play. Seems like it should have been more along the lines of ~150 per bet (odds not being counted of course), but it is what it is.

Earned a little over 2000 points on the slots. That is like...what 5000 coin in? We ate there exclusively, so that's how we earned over 4000 points to get sterling status.

My offer is currently 2 weekday nights or 200 credit per night for weekends. Just thought I'd throw this out for people wondering how much play earns what at Cosmo.

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Josie - that is a lot of FP and to have two very nice offers at two properties makes for a fun stay! Hope you turn that into BIG money!

Like you, I'm curious about Cosmo offers in that the ones I receive don't show a specific room type - my first year staying at Cosmo. Pretty good FP but $100 in F/B; however host has comp'd all F/B on back end each trip so no complaints. When I email my host I request a fountain view and have gotten that each time, first time was a terrace suite, recent was a terrace studio on high floor with great fountain view - again no complaints cause we don't spend as much BR at Cosmo. And we did mention that we prefer more FP and F/B over a suite at Cosmo - that terrace fountain view is all we need! Not sure if that is now automatically factored in the Mktg offers. (I like that mlife specifies room type in the offer so there's no doubt what the offer entails upfront). Really enjoy Cosmo and feel their overall offers are generous.

9. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played similar coin-in at The Cosmopolitan and The Wynn on my last trip, two months ago, just to see how their offers would differ.

The Wynn gave me 3 comped nights at Encore or Wynn and comped buffets. Cosmopolitan hasn't even given me a promotional email. Weird. But guess they lost a future customer.

10. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure they have your email correct. V/P had incorrectly entered mine and I didn't get any offers. Now that I've fixed it, the email offers are coming in. Cosmo is usually on par with the other offers I get for similar play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.