1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cirque: Where to begin?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JR Swift, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I might try and catch a Cirque show on my next trip since I am the only person left on Earth who hasn't seen one. So what would be the best show for a newbie? Mystere maybe since it is the original Vegas show? Suggestions and insults welcomed.

2. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think either Love or KA..

3. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have seen both Love and Mystere. We enjoyed both, but I would go and see Love again if given the choice.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere is the original and great for first show.

If you think you may never see another, then go see LOVE. Been maybe 9 times and still love it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other shows are not sequels. You can see them in any order you want. My first one was LOVE and then Zumanity when a friend gave me tickets.

6. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only seen 4 but would rank them in this order: 1. Love, 2. Mystere, 3. Ka, 4. Zumanity

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it also depends on if you like the music or not.
    To me, the songs or music of Beatles are just unbearable noise. Same goes to MJ One.
    Give me a $1000, I would not stay there for 90 minutes, not even 10 minutes. Unbearable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen several of them. For me, the best "entry-level " show would be Mystere. No complicated plot to follow, a good variety of acts, etc.

9. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think KA would have the most appeal. How they incorporate the stage into the show is pretty cool.

I like the Beatles, but I thought Love was just a bunch of folks dancing around with props while you listen to tunes of the Fab Four.

Another show to consider is Le Reve at Wynn.....not an official Cirque show, but very similar. Lot of folks think its better than O.

10. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love by far.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Mystere. Solid show based on the acrobatics that made CDS popular.

12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O, Ka, and MJ One are my three favs, probably in that order. It would help to know that kinds of shows the OP likes, since Cirque shows can be very different

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This question is common here. And the answers are common, though this time I see a few more votes for KA.

There will ALWAYS be folks that do not like certain shows and some that can not stand Cirq shows at all. That's okay.

My order of shows that I liked and would see again are:
    1 - LOVE - and for most folks this is somewhat universal first pick if you read through some older posts of this same question.
    2 - "O" - for some reason we did not see this for years. Great show. But, since it is more dance, some will fall asleep.
    3 - KA - mostly for the action and stage
    4 - Mystere - it could be higher on the list if a FIRST Cirq show to attend. Still a great show.
    5 - MJ One. Fast moving, bit heavier faster louder music
    6 - Zumanity - was okay, but - well, different
    7 - Elvis - show is gone now, but was not all that bad
    8 - Mr Magic Angel - have not talked myself into going, yet.

14. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about taking the wife and daughter (7) to Cirque in the next two weeks so this thread is good timing. Could someone post a rough idea of what ticket prices are like? Can one generally go to one of those discount tickets booths the day of the show to save some money, or are those places not a good idea? How much of a discount do they typically offer?

15. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can manage to get a final bill (including all fees, charges, taxes etc.) below $75 per ticket, I consider it a good deal.
    More for MJ One. And for O, that would be over $100.
    Yes, you can go to the discount booths, but it may or may not have the particular show you want to see.
    If you just want to see a show, not anyone in particular, shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: ticket prices.

They do vary quite a bit. Many of the shows offer specials from time to time. Sonya has posted some links and you can often find them online at each hotel/show websites as well.

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zumanity is an "R" rated show, lots of adult humor which was great. I'm in the minority here but I saw Love last month and thought it was ok but not great. Sure the music is good (if you like the Beatles) but I can listen to the music anytime. The rest of it was average.

18. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Cirque shows in the following order (my ranking in parentheses):

1. Mystere (#1) - my "first love" and will always be. Beautiful without having to have a storyline.
    2. Ka (#2) - for the stage movement dynamic alone, I was hooked on this show.
    3. MJOne (#4) - this one had me misting because of the music alone. The storyline was off.
    4. Love (#3) - Not being a huge Beatles can, I went into this not knowing most of their stuff. But, I was highly entertained and impressed with this production and I like the theater seating.
    5. O (#5) - It took me years to see this because I could not justify the ticket price. And I would wonder why so many reviewed it saying it was boring and some fell asleep during it. So, after all these years, I finally saw it last month. I agree with those reviews. While beautiful, the most interesting thing was the underwater scuba people who moved the sets in and out. I had a great seat in the 200 Loggia, but I could only enjoy seeing people diving so much.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere was my first and have seen it twice - solid show for all ages
    Love is my fav - 8 or 9 times - because I love the Beatles, good production, good seats no matter where you sit (except top balcony is a bit too far) and suitable for all ages.
    MJ One - love the music, audience interaction - would go again
    "O" - sorry, I'm one of the guilty sleepers - beautiful but boringly repetitious - or maybe I was too tired and missed the good stuff.

20. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for 'O'.
    We really don't do shows much. Have seen Mystere, MJ One, KA and Zumanity.
    'O' is the only one we have seen twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.