1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Itching to watch some Vegas TV

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by makuk, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, I will be in Vegas in a couple of weeks and I am itching to get there, does anyone have any links to some Vegas TV channels online that I can watch to help me pass the time.

These can be news, entertainment or anything else.

It's really hard for me to search for them in the UK as Google just chucks me back to UK search results so any links would be really appreciated.

Also any other ideas of anything to do to pass the time, I have watched every YouTube video related to Vegas and I am running out of ideas!

2. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have you watched The Trooper 97 vlog on YouTube? the guy is pretty funny - he moved to Vegas a couple of years ago to play poker and he has a semi-daily vlog about his life in Vegas... lot's of video on the strip and downtown, you don't have to be a poker fan to enjoy it, any Vegas nut like the folks here should like it... I caught it a few weeks ago and watch a few episodes each week, I started back to when he moved to Vegas and I'm slowly catching up to present day...

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  3. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah cool I will go and have a look at that now, thanks :)

4. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are literally hundreds (thousands) of trip vlogs and room videos and even a lady that makes long videos of her buffet visits on You Tube. The other thing that is kind of fun is searching for high limit slot play as there are a lot of groups that will pool their money and play $25 to $100 a spin on slot machines. Either way, You Tube is your friend.

5. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to YT and search for Las Vegas and get video after video of UFC, basketball, houses for sale and other crap I have no interest in, I will try some different search terms!

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just watched a show on PBS called "The Test" about Nevada's atomic weapons testing program after WWII. Had some GREAT vintage shots of 40's and 50's Vegas in it and made me hungry for more. Not sure if you can find it online or not.

7. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look up Vegas Video Network it's a network of Vegas related podcasts. They are all produced by the same studio guy that lives in Vegas and they are all really good. There are a few on there that are no longer making new episodes that were amazing. There's a podcast on there called Pub Crawl, funny and awesome to see all the local drinking spots. www.vegasvideonetwork.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you are looking for actual Vegas programming, not people's video diaries of their slot wins and restaurant adventures, so I have the following recommendation. With your trip a couple of weeks away it is probably too late to get it for this time, but if you have the ability to play region 1 US dvds (sometimes they will play on a computer if your dvd player can't do it), it will be handy when you are preparing for upcoming trips. This is hands down the best Vegas documentary I have ever seen - it starts at the very beginning of the Las Vegas' creation all the way up to the late 1990's. True, many of the newer things like the Linq, High Roller, City Center etc are not there because it is an older documentary, but all the great Vegas history is there, and there are interviews with many Vegas legends including Wayne Newton, Debbie Reynolds, Keely Smith and Rose Marie of The Dick Van Dyke Show (who reveals that she was the opening act on the very first night The Flamingo opened to the public). It is really fascinating and is about 3 or 4 hours long.

Another interesting piece of trivia is that it was produced by Susan Berman, daughter of Vegas mobster Davey Berman (who was one of the people who burst in and took control of The Flamingo right after Bugsy Siegel was murdered). Not long after this documentary was completed, Susan Berman herself would end up murdered at the hands of her "friend", notorious serial killer Robert Durst.

The first few minutes are on youtube so you can get a taste of what it is like:

Here is a link to buy it from Amazon US - it is cheaper than Amazon UK, especially if you buy it used from one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers since it is out of print. They have it for a little over $11 USD as opposed to the listed main price which is insanely high:

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Las-Vegas-Complete-Story/dp/B00005MKOF

• Like Like x 1
  9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's about time that Netflix streamed the entire Las Vegas (2003 - 2008) TV Series.
    I haven't seen as much as a re-run in a few years! I'd love to binge watch it again sometime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Josh Duhamel [emoji1303] he was just here touring USBank Stadium, but he was all football business talking about the Vikes

11. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Did they actually prosecute Durst for Susan Berman's death ?
    Last I heard, he was just a suspect.
    I read all her memoirs/books about Vegas ---
    if you ( anybody ) haven't ?.......please, do.....you'll like them.

12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.