1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife (Aria) Hotel Comp Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by guapoxxx, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Afternoon,

My wife and I are planning our LV trip from 20-24 OCT 2016 to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Last Friday, I called the MLife Aria VIP number and used the “Up to 2 night complimentary nights and special rates from $60 per night” deal with $100 RC and $100 FP. The associate on the phone quoted me: Thursday COMP, Friday $69, Saturday $73, and Sunday $69. After I made the reservation, I logged into MLife to check my reservation and the room total was for $564.48 (reservation total) to include $143.36 for the resort fees. I called MLife back and told them that the reservation total should be approximately $379.68 to include the $143.36 for the resort fees. The associate told me that the price I was quoted was correct and to disregard what I see in MLife. Also, she said that the quoted price will post when I check in.

My question is, does that make sense? I doesn’t to me as they usually post the COMP and actual per night costs in the reservation summary as you should see what you are actually going to pay.

I can call them back a 3rd time but wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can only speak for my experience the first time we stayed at Aria in April this year - called VIP to book a 3 night comp with no problem, but when I looked online at the booking it showed the full amount for 3 nights in a corner suite with no indication it was comp'd. Called back and was reassured it was comp'd and no RF, the gal said its just the way Aria does it....
    When we checked in they showed it as a comp and there were zero charges for the room and no resort fee.

Hope you have a great anniversary trip!

3. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geogran- I appreciate the reply and well wishes for our anniversary! I guess the MLife associate was correct and I'll standby until October :)

Thanks again,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Guapoxxx, Geogran is spot on. We've stayed at Aria on comped nights multiple times, the Mlife page always shows full price due at check-in, but everything is always once we physically check in (and more importantly) checkout. We've also had the same experience at Bellagio and MC.

It's an Mlife quirk (an annoying one). I guess they want you to see the "value" of the room, but it would cause so much less confusion/worry if they just said "amount saved" versus amount due.

Aria is super on the ball, you'll be fine. The Mlife website is just cruddy :(

P.S. I also hope you have an amazing anniversary trip, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Multifarious5 and thanks for confirming what Georgran wrote... Seems weird to me about their comp reservation process and it's something I'll have to get used to. Also, I totally agree with you about the MLife website... It's horrible as that's why I called VIP services LOL

PS. Thanks for the anniversary well wishes and it's much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Annual Golf Trip
  6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Yup...everyone is correct...the mlife website shows what you would have paid if you did have to pay. Here is a comp room I booked through my Host for an upcoming trip.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool and thanks sindustry! That's exactly how my MLife reservation comes up...

Annual Golf Trip
  8. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My comp booking for NYNY this week which I did some time in June shows the amount of the room and then a line "less savings" for the correct amount owing. My comp booking for Bellagio for Oct which I just did after their maintenance update shows the amount of the room without the "less savings" line and shows an amount owing. As others have said, I'm sure it will be fine after you check in.

9. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Patman... I'm just used to the old MLife format where you knew upfront what days you were comped and what total amount you were required to pay.

Annual Golf Trip
  10. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys.... I have exactly same sindustrys photos I have comped 4 nights at Aria skysuite and when I looked thru Mlife it showed "balance due upon arrival $2800 when I called reservation then agent reassured me as comp so, Guspoxx if you want confirm call the reservation number hey will confirm it,

Oh I believe it's thru out whole MGM property it's also shown me for Mirage as well...

11. ssyx

ssyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to back up what everyone else is saying.
    I recently stayed comped at MGM, Aria and Delano over a two week period and every reservation was showing a bill to be paid on the website but they were all comped with no issues.

12. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for confirming the above info, Drewm1972 and ssyx! :beer:

Annual Golf Trip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.