1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Crab Legs On Fremont

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Breeze147, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some advice please.

2. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Idk but my guess would be the GN buffet. I've found the best crab legs off-strip (cheaper than the strip) at a decent price at the M Resort buffet.

3. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think GN has a buffet, I do know that on Fridays both MSS and Fremont have seafood buffets which should have crab legs

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if GN has good crab legs but they do have a buffet.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont Paradise buffet offers a seafood buffet on Tuesdays and Fridays. They offer snow crab legs in addition to oysters, shrimp and other seafood items. MSS has a seafood night on Friday. They also have crab legs but also serve stone crab claws.

It is one general price for the buffet at the Fremont. You do get a discount if you show your player's card. At MSS your buffet price will depend on your card level, the sapphire and emerald cards will give cost less than if you were a ruby card member. Since I am a ruby cardholder I rather go to the Fremont buffet.

I recommend going early to the buffet, it can get busy with a long wait line if you go after 6:30 pm. I usually go by 5 pm so I don't have much of a wait.

At the Fremont, they usually make cuts into the crab legs so it is easier to open but you can also ask for those "knives" that help you open up the legs. Just ask for them when you get your drinks.

6. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best will be off strip at a local joint/restaurant
    passable?...not sure..I don't get to Fremont that often last 10 years or so

7. hard6

hard6 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected, funny how I stayed there a couple times and never been to or even heard of their buffet.

8. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Boyd's buffets, if you have an Emerald card, you get a separate line and go first!

9. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh, IMO, GN buffet sucks compared to MSS.
    I had it for free and wouldn't even pay for that garbage at GN.

10. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skip the crab legs and go to Bocho for crab sushi.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if it is the best of Downtown but it certainly is one of the better offerings for crab legs. These can be found at the Redwood Grill at the California Hotel.

I've had these on 3 occasions and they were consistent in quality and taste. These are King Crab legs by the way, and they split the shells to make it easier for you to pull out the meat.

They are not the biggest in size but they are served steaming hot with a bowl of succulent melted butter with a candle underneath it to keep it warm.

Unfortunately the price is definitely not the best, ranging in the 50 dollar plus category and I wouldn't be surprised the price went up as it was a couple of years back since I've had it.

12. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS prices for their Friday night seafood buffet as:

Emerald: $23
    Sapphire: $24
    Ruby: $26

Per the menu for Redwood Grill via Opentable.com.
    Alaskan King Crab Legs:
    1 1/2 lbs. of freshly steamed, split Alaskan king crab legs, served with lemon and drawn butter. $40

13. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to it either but the entrance is an escalator right across from the craps table so I know where it is.:wave:

14. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Redwood Grill is now temporarily housed at MSS old Pullman during construction @ The Cal.

15. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, I've only been at MSS on one other Friday, and the buffet line was waaaaaay too long!
    People were lined up an hour before dinner hour was open!

This was before I was Emerald, so I hope to remedy that this October, and try out the crab legs w/o the huge line!

16. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The legs at any of the buffets DT are mediocre at best. The best I have ever had DT was the King crab legs at Chart house. I think it was $55ish for a pound and a half. Well worth it. And the scenery there, both the restaurant and waitresses can't be beat DT.

17. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Siegels (nee The Flame, nee Roberta's) at El Cortez has big king crab legs. Kinda pricey at $25 for 1/2 lb, but my seafood freak son absolutely loved them...

18. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Usually the line is long when it first opens. I think the buffet opens at 4pm. Once the early birds go in the line diminishes and it isn't too long a wait. I usually go to the buffet around 5:15, the early birds are already inside and eating so the line isn't as long. But then it starts to pick up around 6 pm and after that the lines are even longer. What makes it even tougher after 6 is that you have to wait for guests (that are already inside) to leave so the table becomes available. Usually before 6 pm you don't have that problem.

But with me being a Ruby cardholder, I think I only pay $22 or $23 to eat at the Fremont seafood buffet so I don't eat as much at the MSS seafood buffet. (only if I get it as a comp).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.