1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

40th anniversary dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by burdog, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My DW and I will be in Vegas celebrating our 40th and we would love to eat overlooking the Bellagio fountains. I was thinking of maybe Prime. I looked on their website and it looked like the choices were acceptable, (we have some health restrictions), but here it comes. Any idea what kind of $ are we looking at. Neither are drinkers so no wine or cocktails and my wife is mostly a seafood person while I am a steak person. Also are there reservations for outside seating and food choice recommendations? Thank you all.

2. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My information might be slightly dated since I usually go to SW Steakhouse nowadays, but typical appetizer prices will be in the $20-30 range, while entree prices will be around $50-70 range. Patio seating is technically first come, first serve, but I didn't see many people on the patio when I was there. I ordered a bone-in ribeye there, which was pretty good, but the serving size was for 2 people, which might not work for you. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the seafood recommendations, but I did see a lot of people ordering the chilled seafood platter as an appetizer. However, that is insanely expensive and will probably cost you 90+ dollars, or more than the cost of your average steak there.

3. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all, congrats on your 40th! Prime would be an excellent choice; my wife and I have made it our "thing" to try a different steakhouse (over 30 and counting) every trip and Prime was in the tops. Steaks are going to be in the $50+ dollar range and seafood will be that, too - maybe a little less. They'll be a la carte, shareable sides are going to be upwards of $12 - $15. BUT, that's pretty typical for the good Vegas steakhouses - you could maybe step it down to $40 (+/- $5) and go to a lesser place at Excalibur, Luxor, Monte Carlo**...but the ambiance won't be like Prime. For outside seating I would make a call to Prime and make sure they know it's your 40th - that's a pretty big deal and I'd want to speak with someone (sooner rather than later) to get it locked up.

**This isn't a slam on those places - they're ok but for a 40th not in the same league as Prime or SW. FWIW, one of the best steaks I've had recently was at the Silverado Steakhouse at South Point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.