1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Vacation - July 5th - 9th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CarolinaGambler, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The wife and I are heading out to Vegas for a few days of fun tomorrow. We are flying Southwest and staying at the Bellagio on a marketing offer.

I plan to play poker for the first time live. I'm sure we will also play some BlackJack and Craps. The wife will hang out at the pool and spa and probably do some shopping. I'm sure while we are at it, we will find some other fun things to do.

I'm considering either shooting machine guns at Battlefield Vegas, or driving fast cars at the Exotics raceway. Any recommendations based on experience from you all?

This is trip #17 for me and #16 for the wife as best we can remember. We've been going once or twice a year for a few years now.

My hope is to post some updates as we go along. Follow along here for updates.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't help you with guns or cars as I haven't done either, but wanted to say that I hope you have a GREAT trip! Enjoy!

3. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya! Thanks for what you do with this message board! I sure enjoy reading others posts between trips.

4. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tonight I booked a couple of cars at Exotics Racing for Wednesday morning. After watching some YouTube videos of others doing this, I can't wait to try it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like fun!

6. FrankCastle

FrankCastle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great choices on cars and number of laps. I have done the Exotics Racing thing twice now. Drove the Ferrari 458 the first time and the Nissan GT-R and Lamborghini Huracan the second time. Six laps will go by faster than you think so enjoy it! Also, the drift car ride-a-long with the professional drift racer in the Corvette is well worth the money and highly recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks Frank! I'll let you all know how it goes.

8. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 1: We left Atlanta and arrived in Vegas this afternoon. We had a couple of delays but nothing worth noting.

We got a cab and headed for Bellagio with a stop by a gas station to pickup a case of bottled water. We always do this.

When we arrived and checked in we were hungry. As best we calculated it had been about 9-10 hours since we had eaten. We were tired and wanted something good but fast. So, we decided to try the Bellagio Buffet to avoid having to go back out.

<begin rant>
    The buffet line at Bellagio is extremely irritating. If you are one of the great unwashed who is not a VIP you get in this long line. Then for the last 50 feet you watch groups of VIPs walk up to their little line and get in front of you. When you are already hangry (hungry + angry) the effect is amazing. I totally get why it is this way. However, there is no way in hell I'll ever wait in that line and watch that again.
    </ rant>

The food was great, and by the end of the meal the stress of traveling was gone and the excitement of being here had started to set in.

After dinner we headed over to the craps tables. The Bellagio craps crews are second to none in my book. Really nice folks. I played for a couple of hours and left the table at 8:30pm down $100. At times I was up by a couple of hundred bucks. At about 8:30pm (11:30pm where we started our day) we were just tired and ready to turn in.

Tomorrow morning we are going to grab breakfast and head over to Exotics Raceway...after that who knows. More tomorrow.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah dinner buffets without line cutters is definitely a risky proposition. Have fun at the raceway tomorrow!

10. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Looking forward to more.

11. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woke up early this morning (4am). Tried to go back to sleep. No luck. My body thinks it's 7AM.

Took a shower, went down to Snacks to grab some coffee. Walked around and noticed a $10 craps table. Could not resist (was not really trying to resist anyway). So, I played for a bit. What a cold table. I finally walked away down $300. So, I'm down $400 so far for the trip. Decided to take a break and head over and take some pics for you fine folks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. CarolinaGambler

CarolinaGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up at a $1 slot machine this morning. Generally I don't play slots but I wanted to do something while waiting for the wife to wake up, and I did not want to go back to the tables. It worked out pretty well. I won $600+ on a Wheel of Fortune machine. Yay! I cashed out at $600. So, I'm up $100 for the trip now! Hooray!

[​IMG]

We had breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi in front of Paris.

[​IMG]

Time to go drive fast cars next.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm enjoying your posts. As for the firing range, I used discount fire arms last time and had a good time. I'm sure they are all pretty much the same. But I can vouch for the folks at the place.

14. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are great photos.

I am thinking of staying there in the fall. What room are you in? View? Tower? I find their website confusing trying to pick a room.

Thanks! Nice win on the wheel.

15. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I definitely want to hear how the cars turned out.

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always nice to be up.

17. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am arriving today! Enjoying your TR and great pictures!

18. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the great pictures! I'm enjoying your TR a lot!

19. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and btw:

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Those lines are ridiculously long and slow! They just do it so, in order to have all tables filled continuously from opening to close, instead of peaking hours during breakfast/lunch/dinner time and slow hours in between. And then on top of the already over-rated prices (not paying for the quality of food, but for the quantity of food which is wasted every day), they dare to offer you to cut the ridiculous line (which they created themselves on purpose), if you pay them another $20 more! I suddenly don't feel so hungry anymore...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had heard so much about the Vegas buffets and decided to try a few during my previous visits. I've concluded that I've been spoilt with the buffets where I live and don't look forward to the buffets anymore in Vegas unless it's offered with the room. Definitely not going to waste my time standing in long queues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.