1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lake Tahoe for a few hours and a host rant

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by TIMSPEED2, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So just because it was STILL the Tier Credit promotion, we decided to just drive up to put in 1000TC and drive back home.
    Got up there at 730pm, with $1000 to put in the 1000TC on $1 8/5 Bonus Poker (with a 3% theo, w00t!)
    Started off fairly well, getting to 500TC without even going below $1000 due to FOUR quads (10's twice, then 5's twice).
    Sank down to $700, so switched to the machine next to it...was buzzing along, popped quad ACES to get up to $1170. Finished up the 1000TC and hit a Straight Flush right at the end, to cash out for $1300.
    So, with that, as soon as the 50% promotion processes in July, we'll be at 15,000TC
    We played 5 days of 1000TC, with a total loss of $1200. I don't think we could have done that by playing ONE day of 5000TC (had only a $1200 loss; plus we would have needed $5000 at once, instead of $1000 each time)
    I'll attach the pics of the quads.
    HOWEVER, I'd like to go on a mini-rant about a SHITTY host at HLT.
    So, if you read my other reports from HLT, I've PAID for rooms the two times we've stayed there during this promotion...Both were Saturday night's.
    The first time, it was like ~$120, and we had a $400 theo for that day, and we went to the "Host on Duty" and she comped off $80 (which included our $20 in Rewards Credits) Not TERRIBLE, for a HoD, but still below industry standard of 30%.
    Now, LAST weekend, all-in it was $180...during our play, a host sent us an email, introducing herself, with the usual "If you need anything...". So once we were done playing, we shot her an email, asking her to review our play and do whatever she could. (This was sunday morning at 1am) Well, she DRUG AND DRUG her feet...basically not responding, then responding with "What room number were you in?" (I thought they could look this up? lol) Then on the way up to Lake Tahoe YESTERDAY, after multiple emails from US to HER, she finally responds with "Sorry, you didn't play enough for me to issue you any comps"...WTF?! Same machine, same amount of TC, same amount of time, and the HoD could do 20%, yet when YOU reached out, you couldn't do ANYTHING?! (Not even resort fees, OR use our Reward Credits?!) So I shot back "What was my trip theo?"
    I'm THINKING that she didn't even look at my account, and just gave a generic response to avoid it (since it DID take her a week)
    Here's the weird part...WE didn't initiate contact...something in CET analytics triggered a flag for her to email us (and it wasn't auto-generated because it was sent from her iPhone; unless in outlook she has THAT set as her signature line)

BUT, aside from that rant about that host (initials are SF and she's VERY young); we had a really good time last night. It was PACKED in Lake Tahoe, the weather was high 60's, and every crap table was $15+ and PACKED 20160625_202634.jpg 20160625_203653.jpg 20160625_204058.jpg 20160625_205544.jpg 20160625_221550.jpg 20160625_230126.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you aren't getting back ~1% total coin-in on comps, 3% theo doesn't really mean much. They are obviously balking at giving you 30% of your theo in comps. At least the gambling gods let you stick it to them last night!

3. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ehh, it's just the way she drug her feet, and didn't offer to comp resort fees even!

4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you get your resort fee's comped by being diamond? It is kinda shitty reaching out and not have anything to offer.

Mark

5. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not diamond YET, but even still. yeh..she never responded to our inquiry about theo..so I'm guessing it was an auto-generate mail originally, and she had no intention of helping us...that's fine her $300 per day theo commission loss

6. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim - if you aren't getting the comps, why not just play a better game (9/6 job) to reduce losses?

7. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    those $1 triple plays are out of my bankroll range.
    Also those have NO theo...I know the machine I play has 3%...I need to build up my theo with CET after we torched them so hard a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.