1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Thoughts on three redeemed rewards?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by NJbadlands, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Mirage in a month and am new to my Vegas. Have been playing around with it for a month or so and he enough to hit my three rewards for the rolling 30 days.

Went with two for one lunch buffet Mirage (easy since staying on site), buy one get one free entree at Portofini, and two for one lunch buffet Bellagio.

Thoughts on value for this? I've never eaten at any of these places, are they good?

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have eaten at the Mirage a number of times. I would say it's mid range with the bonus of offering free beer and wine. They have an omelette station and when we are there during the Rodeo Finals they have some decent Tex Mex options. Other than that it's your normal buffets.

I also like that you can get up and get your own drinks like coffee, juice or pop without having to order from a server and wait to get it.

I plan on going back on my next trip.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know the dollar value, but I think you made some good picks. I haven't had the lunch buffet at Mirage, but we liked the one at Bellagio when we ate there a couple of years ago.

I think it's smart that you have got rewards where you are staying.

Enjoy!

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always think the buffet rewards are good on MyVegas. I've done both Mirage and Bellagio (and Aria) and wasn't disappointed.

5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the Mirage buffet a few trips ago. We didn't love everything, but we both found sections that we really liked. I really liked the shu-mai and seaweed salad, and the white wine and sugar-free desserts. Pretty sure i got my money's worth.

I really enjoyed the Bellagio buffet the one time I went. Enjoy, and remember, you can probably "return" your reward if you don't use it.

6. HolgerKCH

HolgerKCH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give back the Mirage buffet, it is not worth going there even for free, unless you enjoy just the free drinks. Food some of the worst buffet stuff in Vegas. Aria would be a good choice instead, not foo far or you could use the free tram from Bellagio if you dont wanna walk

7. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just goes to show it's all personal taste when it comes to buffets, we did Mirage last visit and really enjoyed it. Something for both my wife and I, free drinks good as well and all round a good, solid choice, certainly not 'fancy' but tasty and obviously good portions if you want. Can't go too far wrong with most of the MGM buffets.....

8. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind the trek personally I would choose the Aria buffet over the Mirage buffet.

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at the Mirage in August and thought about getting their buffet offer...Only ate there once, but I remember it being the saltiest meal I ever had.

10. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was really impressed with Aria's buffet in April. I thought it was better than Bellagio's. Just better quality and selection.

11. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, Aria is one of my favorite buffets. I used to like bellagio but think it has gone down the last few years.

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to Bellagio's buffet in its "prime", but have gone the last couple of trips because of MyVegas. It was a good meal, but Aria was a step up. I'm not sure if I would pay for Bellagio's buffet out of pocket, but would go back to Aria in a heartbeat. As of right now, Wicked Spoon still tops my list.

13. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Portofini is excellent. Ate their before a Love show. Great service and great food. Had the fish special and a lobster pasta dish. both great.

14. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good choices. Have done Bellagio & Mirage buffets a few times thanks to MyVegas & happy with both (we usually do late breakfast...extending into lunch. I always figure its tough to screw up breakfast buffet!) I agree Aria is a tad better than both--WAY better ambiance with pool view.
    I have heard Portofino is excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.