1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's been a while since I last visited Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GENESIS, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENESIS

GENESIS EAT-LOVE-PRAY-INHALE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone

Last time I visited Vegas was in 2009 where we visited twice within one month. During that time, I remember our car rental not being as expensive as they are now. I assumed with our trip being September 14-19th, I thought rental prices would be cheaper being that people don't really travel as much as they do in the summer, or so i thought. National and Enterprise price range was 303-370 for a compact. Alamo offered some kind of mystery deal where the total is 271.00, but they chose the car. I forget which one, but one site offered a minivan for a cheaper price then a car..strange.... Travelocity, Expedia and Orbitz offer a low price for Fox and NU, but since I don't trust Fox and, I've never heard of NU, I like to stick with what I know. With all this said, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these prices are the norm now for the fall months? Another thing, are the resort fees higher then before? I honestly don't remember what we paid back in 2009, so any info will help... Thanks

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GENESIS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Geogran!

Really appreciate your reply:D

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September is a VERY busy month in Vegas. The weather is fantastic and football season is in full swing. I love it

5. GENESIS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I just had a ...duh... moment as i thought it was convention month! Completely forgot about football.. Oh well, can't wait to see all the changes and new hotels along with the new restaurants. I really want to try Hash House as I've read good reviews.

Btw, enjoy your trip Vic:woot:

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI Genius! Also, be careful of where you stay with a rental car. Mlife now charges a daily parking fee on top of all resort fees.

If you're Pearl and above, its waived for self park (gold and above waived for valet), but just budget this in too if you have a car.

I hope you have a great trip!

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas can be busy any month of the year. Conventions can really change prices. There are times when a room rate is $59 one day and pushing $1000 a few days later. Really not much to do with the month.

Car rates have gone up, but also vary. You can see lots more in the GETTING AROUND sub forum here. We used to get a car when they were cheap, and you did not have to take the shuttle to the rental car facility. We eventually figured out it sat in the garage most of the week and made no sense, so now walk or cab it.

8. CheeseHog

CheeseHog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done he gamut of car rental agencies, but joined the BLUE CHIP @ Thrifty. Usually get good rates, but the best thing is that we just go right to the car and no longer have to experience the obligatory insurance talk with the agent at the desk.

9. GENESIS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I so feel like a Vegas Virgin again:eek:
    Seriously, although I appreciate all the info you guys are providing, I'm confused about something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but while looking thru some of the transportation threads, am I correct that valet isn't free for guest anymore for MGM properties? I know the answer is here, so forgive me asking, but is it like this for every Strip hotel?

Ok, so I edited my post due to hubby who just asked, "Why am you complaining when we always pay valet vhen staying in Chicago and other hotels"? I didn't look at it that way since Vegas valet was always free. Oh well, it is what it is. I'll take the bitter with the sweet and enjoy my trip regardless.

Multifarious, although i belong to mlife, my points dropped being that the last time i used it was in 2013 when hubby and drove to the Gulf Coast and stayed at the Beau Rivage. At the time i was pearl, but now I'm back to basic blue.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you were there in 2009, it was the depths of the recession. Everything was cheaper. I got a car for $13 a day in 2009.

11. GENESIS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true Chuck. I wasn't being realistic when looking at the prices, and how things were back then as far as the economy. It is what it is....

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only MGM hotels are charging right now. Some long threads in the "GETTING THERE AND GETTING AROUND" sub forum. Downtown also charges, but will validate with play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.