1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lebron haters regroup!

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by bardolator, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rumors are swirling now. LeBron placed his kids in an L.A. school so he's signing with the Lakers, etc... :stir:

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's summer. No school. He can't come until there's an offer.

3. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to me like you know nothing about LeBron off the court. He has not been in one bit of trouble off the court, the decision is the only true misstep he has made off court. Check out the LeBron James Family Foundation to see what he does and then come back and say he's not a good person or classy off the court. Then tell me what the other all time basketball greats have done in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right, I don't spend much time researching people I don't like...so I don't know much about him. What I know is what I see on TV, the interviews and press conferences that he speaks at, which is what I formulated my opinion on

He is a whinny little bitch off the court... and an arrogant asshole.

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who have not researched their native tongue, "whinny" is what a horse does.

As those who heard his speech at the rally can assert, nobody ever claimed that LeBron was Miss Manners, but he is a great player and just as good a man.

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could also be that more than one thing is true. Or it could be that one's perspective colors one's interpretation. I see LeBron as a frightened and defensive hick, but that might not necessarily be right *or* wrong. It might be that my time in NE Ohio was so thoroughly revolting to me that my point of view will always be biased because of it. I'm also happy to concede your interpretation of his quality as a human being. I don't know that my reading of him and yours are necessarily mutually exclusive. We could both be right (or wrong) objectively, or we could both be right in a subjective sense.

7. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you didn't have a good experience. NE Ohio has its merits but is generally overlooked when the travel magazines put out their "Top Ten Places" lists.

Most people who know me would attest to my objectivity. Those who would not are just prejudiced.

As a side note, the Cavs' celebratory parade crowd was estimated at 1.3 million. According to Wikipedia, that places it sixth all-time among sports celebrations. Two of the top 5 were in Chicago (hockey and baseball), one in Philadelphia (hockey), one in Madrid (soccer), and the last in Boston (baseball). Cleveland's was the largest basketball celebration in history. In terms of ratio to market size, only Boston surpassed us, which is fitting since Red Sox fans waited even longer than we did and suffered just as much.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure that's it.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, I would think the Phillies 2008 celebration would be on that list.

10. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny about the haters of LBJ. A super star that doesn't get in trouble, huge in the community and gives tons of money to charities. A guy everybody wants to play with.. Makes teammates better and get's them involved. He doesn't complain any more or less then other super stars unless you hate him, then he does. I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, but that doesn't inherently mean that I'm wrong.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree... you acknowledged the lens through which you view the matter...many don't.

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's surprising what a display of arrogance can do to your rep. I think most folks know he's a good guy but The Decision and the dog and pony show that led up to it will haunt him forever. At least it's not as bad as Jay Cutler. He's done nothing but be occasionally bad at football and people hate him more that even the wife and child beaters in the NFL. He hasn't hit anybody, he doesn't do drugs but people act like he has major character issues.

14. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True!

16. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People that are sensible and normal have gotten over The Decision by now. Yes it was stupid and ill-advised, yes he realizes that now, and yes he deserved to be cast as the villain at the time.

But time heals all wounds, and the guy has been more or less a class act throughout his professional career. And the amount he has given back to his hometown community is staggering.

(I'm a lifelong Bulls fan don't have any particular fondness for lebron other than acknowledging that he is a phenomenal basketball player.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disagree about Boston not being a big market. Metro Boston is the 10th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. at just under 5 million, over double the size of metro Cleveland.

Agreed on your assessment of LBJ. Spot on.

Nick:beer:

18. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked at some sources and have to agree that metro Boston is bigger than what I indicated. Of course, there are all sorts of ways to count. The same source that ranked Boston tenth placed Cleveland 29th, but did not include Summit County (Akron area) in the market. That's ironic, because for a time both the Cavs and the ill-fated Barons played in Summit County. Including us places Cleveland in the high teens.

Boston fans are probably the most spoiled in the nation. Their teams contend regularly, and all four have won the title within the last 12 years. I'd like to see how loyal Boston fans would be if they had to witness a team like the Browns.

All the same, the Red Sox celebration still gets the top ranking in terms of both total number and ratio. The crowd for that event was estimated at 3 million, or 2/3 of the entire population of the market. Cleveland brought out about half.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  19. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better look at the Red Sox history pre 04 as far as winning a ring.

20. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.