1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

stay well grand queen @ mgm

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by radvegas, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anybody have any views on the stay well queen rooms at mgm. I've had an offer through for 2 comp nights. I currently have a mirage resort queen booked.

I've had a look at the normal rates for the stay well rooms and they are crazy money, so I was wondering what the general consensus was and if it is worth the change. ( I don't mind about the positioning of the hotel on the strip)

thanks

2. rmr236

rmr236 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy and I got sick when we got "upgraded" to one last year. The remote control has this band around it about how it is specially cleaned which has always bothered me in if they clean the regular room remotes or not haha. The room really is nothing special outside of a couple bells and whistles.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always bring disinfectant spray and wipes to every hotel I stay at. The remote is the first thing I do :)

4. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Stay well suites during my stay in Vegas in July 2015. Except for the Vit C infused shower, and other fancy things that they claim, I really didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. The room was comfortable, good linen, but tired carpets, and tired bathroom. Didn't work for me ... mostly as it didn't match my expectation. On a positive note, I got asked many times by people in the elevator what the rooms were like... thanks to the hype :)

5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in one in March and felt it was just a gimmick. I enjoyed the vitamin C shower, but have no clue if it actually was infused or not. The rest of the stuff was more of a pain in the ass than anything, and some of the stuff glowed all night which I hated. The bed was also too hard for me, but I know that is a personal preference thing. Here are some pictures. Sorry, no pictures as I can't figure out how to post them since the changes.

Bottom line is, I would not switch hotels to stay in one of these rooms, and probably would turn it down if it were offered to me in the future.

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found it quite funny of all the stuff they claim is "stay well" the remote thing, the "better" beds, the water softener in the showers.. But I had no complaints.. It was adequate..

7. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a photo of the card in the room showing all the 'features'.
    The only one I really cared about was the air purifier, and that mostly because it's fan gave a nice constant background noise to drown out any noise from the hallway.
    The purifier did have an annoyingly bright light on it that I had to cover. It's a bit ironic since they tout their "subtle red lighting for safe navigation while minimizing sleep disruption". Apparently whoever picked out the air purifiers didn't get that memo.

image.jpeg

8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, it's not worth it. At MGM, the only upgrades that you can get if you need two beds "for free" or with the "$20 bill trick", if an upgrade to the Stay Well room. A lot of "voodoo" things in the room that might appeal to some, but for me they were wasted.

Mirage is center strip. The only problem with rooms at the Mirage is that the hallways are VERY looonnnngggg. I was at the last room on the floor and did not appreciate the walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.