1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest BOS <-> LAS pricing tip - check inside 7 days

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chuck2009x, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest's prices for summer between BOS <-> LAS have started high and stayed high so far. Well over $200 and many in the high 200's and 300's.

But I've noticed something the last few weeks that I hadn't seen SW do (or at least never noticed) - they appear to be discounting days besides Tue & Wed inside 7 days from departure. So some Thu-Fri-Sat flights that probably never got anywhere near $200 since they went on the board are getting priced at $172 in both directions.

If you have a SW flight booked, might be worth setting a reminder to check during the last week before you go. Before I noticed this recently, I would hardly ever check the last week because Wanna Get Away prices were either sky high or more often, pulled completely.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info. Thanks Chuck! Agreed, Very unlike SWA, as they normally jack up the prices as the travel date approaches.

Nick:beer:

3. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flight for the 24th just dropped this morning. When I first booked, just a few weeks ago, it was $173 to Vegas. This morning, $109. Had to call to book new fare. Could not log in because that part was down for maintenance. This is the second time it has gone down in the last 2 weeks. Makes me feel better, because I don't think I have ever paid that much for a flight from PDX.

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm something to watch for

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true generally, but I've seen exceptions and jumped on a couple. Our cheapest SWA flights out of MDW and STL have both been within 2 weeks of departure.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip!

7. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, booked SW back on May 9th, round trip 2 people sat through thurs and got it for 647.92. Bos <-> Las of course, the cheapest I've seen it afterwards is around 671. The price I got it only lasted a day or 2 at that point. We're going from 9/24-9/29 and I can only envision the prices going up with so many things going on around this time in Vegas.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start watching the "Flexible Dates" calendar for a couple of weeks and notice what's happening inside a week.

$650 RT for 2 people is very good though, I don't expect you'll be able to beat that.

My return flight is on a Saturday in July, it's been $250 or over, although I was able to snag $217 on one day and then it went right back up. It's not my ideal flight time, and I do see better times getting priced at $172 inside a week, so I'm hoping to snag both a better flight and a cheaper price eventually.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  9. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'll definitely keep an eye on it of course. Thing that really sucks is that since I live in Newport, I would prefer to fly out of PVD, but the pricing has been horrendous, and it's actually cheaper to drive and park in BOS, then to just fly out of PVD. I almost considered to just bite the bullet and drive to Newark, where flights were going for 500 roundtrip and direct as well, but then time is money (3 hr drive) and parking at Newark just sucks as well.

On another note, Spirit Airlines had cheaper flights but I was not too crazy about departure/arrival times. (Along with baggage fees) $492 for my current dates, arrive at 7:50pm on Sat and arrive back at 7am on the 30th the next day.

10. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a BOS LAS flight via Southwest Arrive 8-26 depart 8-28 for Super Contest weekend at the Westgate. Westgate is a comp via a contest.I thought 605 round trip was a bit high but after reading the posts 605 seems OK. But I check SW web site just in case of a fare decrease.

11. TomBrady'sLoveChild

TomBrady'sLoveChild Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys should fly JetBlue out of Boston. Flights have been on sale this year for $129-$149 this year. Going in 2 weeks for $300 round trip. Plus the flights are non-stop. Southwest does not offer non-stop to Vegas.

12. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet Blue was choice one for me. But when the cheapest flight was $267 to LAS & $732 for BOS for the non stop flights it was out of my budget. Sometimes you have to suffer with those 1 stop flights.

13. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait... I am confused. When you book a flight and the price goes down, you can call and book the new price? I am booking a flight from BOS->LAS for Sept 7th and returning Sept 12th. $172 for one leg and $206 for the flight home on a Monday. If those go down, how do I get my fare reduced?

14. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long in advance did you book? That is a pretty sweet deal for non-stop.

15. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jetblue for us was expensive, was looking at over a grand for the flights plus baggage fees for our dates. Plus the flights back would not work out since they all land pretty much in the morning the next day.

If you're a frequent visitor to Vegas or fly using southwest a lot, you can always cancel and rebook and with the extra money you save can be applied to the next flight you take. I believe you have up to a year to use the credit.

16. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for info. For me the times of the Southwest flights work better with my schedule as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.