1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Memorial Day Weekend at GN and Venetian

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Hogman, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

With intentions of maybe going to the Who concert, we decided to go to LV over Memorial Day weekend and booked flights on SWA out of Little Rock. We eventually decided to stay at Golden Nugget for 2 nights and The Venetian for 2 nights, so we missed the Who, but we made it in time for Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival.

Our flight was delayed about 45 minutes but we had a 2 hr layover so it was OK. We had a layover at Love Field which was very nice and ate at Whataburger. We arrived on time at 2:30 and picked up rental at rental facility, even though I got a good rate for 4 days, my wife was sick the whole trip so we didn't use the car much at all.

We ate at Claim Jumper after checking in I had the breakfast tacos which were pretty good. After eating I headed to the craps table. The first session I lost $385. The second session I started with $800 and walked away up $725 sorry a little blurry. IMG_0967.JPG

I decided I was hungry so I went over to Golden Gate and had a Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae(it was just ok too much brownie not enough ice cream. After finishing I walked to the Plaza, which was dead so I walked back and I bought in at the craps table at GG and slowly gave back $300. I went back over to GN bought in for $1000 and had a little better luck and cashed out $475
    IMG_0968.JPG

I switched tables and lost $345 and then switched again and won $475 and decided I was tired and went to bed up around $500.

Woke up early next morning had a couple of Danish and coffee at the Grille and proceeded to the craps table and lost $500 then won it back at another table by this time it was around noon so I walked over to MSS and I played for a couple of hours and walked away down $185. I stopped at Lapperts and had a double dip ice cream(Strawberry and Rum Raisin) it was very good. I walked back to the GN.

I checked on my wife, she was doing ok, so I bought in for $1000 and after a couple of shooter I was down a couple of hundred and then the young man on my right takes the dice. I hear his dad or friend go Mike,Mike,Mike like in Geico commercial. Well I had bet a/t/s 2-6-2 Mike rolls for a very long time and hits my a/t/s I collected $70 on small and $1050 on all(I think the last point was a 10 the smart thing to do is hedge that so that I win something but I didn't) and I gave mike the tall bet I was only one on the bet. We rebet a/t/s and he rolled the small again and only needed the 11 to hit the all.
    I cashed out this.
    IMG_0969.JPG

+$1875 this puts me up around $2200. I go to the room for awhile and rest until dinner at Vic and Anthony's.

We go eat at v&a at 6:30. We ate off of the Distinctive dining menu. Wife had a Caesars salad, 8oz filet, potatoes Au gratin and creme brulee. I had shrimp cocktail, Caesars salad, Shrimp Scampi, creamed corn and Bread pudding. Everything was great except the scampi had a little too much lemon but the shrimp was great. $133

After dinner I went back to craps table. I am having a hard time remembering exactly what went on but I started winning $175 changed tables $550, $100, $275.
    IMG_0970.JPG

I went to another table and I started with $1000 and was walking away with $500 and was doing so bad I didn't bet a/t/s well you know what happened guy went on a heater and hit the a/t/s before the end. I actually did OK I colored up $2025
    IMG_0972.JPG

I won $100 at another table and lost $350 and went to bed up $4100. I got up the next morning and had 3 sessions losing $240 and $500 but winning $75 to end up about $3400.

so we packed up and headed for the Venetian.

We got an early check-in at the Venetian. We decided to eat in the food court. I had pizza and my wife had Mexican.

I then went to the craps table bought in for $1000 and quickly started losing. I dropped

$400, 500 and 400 before winning $625..

IMG_0975.JPG

I decided to take a walk I went to Harrahs and in 2 quick sessions lost $950. I walked to Flamingo and dropped $500 more and I think I went back to V/P and had 2 more sessions losing $600 and $500. I was trying to get back to even I guess(the wrong way). I went and ate at Noodle Asia had some Kung Pao Chicken it was ok not great.

It's a little fuzzy but I show I won $150 and $250 and $1175 at v/p so I stopped the bleeding and went to bed

I got up early and had a coffee and cheese danish at Bouchon Bakery and went to play at v/p with a great morning crew and when was all said and done I had won $1000. I went to breakfast with my wife and when finished, I decided to go on a walk. I lost $400 at Mirage and I walked to Caesars and won $475. I walked to Bellagio couldn't find a table I wanted to play on then to Cromwell only table was full so I went to Margaritaville and lost $270. I stopped at Harrahs and won $500 of what I had lost the day before. I was pretty tired and hot so I went back to the room up around $2400 but my wife has gotten $1000 so I am up $1400.

We went and ate at Cassanova it was good . I had Osso Bucco and wife had Penne Greek Style.

After dinner I lost $435 at Palazzo and $475 at Venetian so I decided to go to the room and rest for awhile. I rested about an hour and changed shirts to one I haven't worn in awhile but had been very lucky a couple of time. I walked down and bought in for $1000. I bet a $5 repeater bet on the 4 and it hit for $325. The table was pretty good but not great after an hour or so I was up $300 to $400 and the table talked a very nice looking lady in a halter top into shooting she had passed first time around. Well she rolled for around 45 minutes but she was rolling point after point especially 6's and 8's. I believe that my initial bet on her roll was maybe $150-$175 across. At the end of her roll I had $420 each on 6/8 and $250 each on 4/10 and a $250placed on the point and I colored up this after tipping the shooter $100. I was placing bets for dealer and tipped them as well
    IMG_0979.JPG

cashed out +4675 and I decided after a little prodding from Mrs H to go to bed.

I got up in the morning and won $300 more dollars so I decided to quit. Plane ride and drive home was uneventful.

The gambling totals for the trip

GN 11 hours at $147 avg bet they comped all room charges around $200

Venetian 16 hours at $200 avg bet(wife used my card as well is why time was so high I guess). They also comped all the room charges around $200 as well.

Totals me +$6700

mrs -$300

total +$6400

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vegas Tim

Vegas Tim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, love the gambling details. You could make a living playing craps.

Thanks for posting.

Tim

3. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Wish I could see some craps action like that! Maybe next trip.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a craps player then you know how the swings go and just hope you are at the table when the dice are in your favor cause that is usually not the case.

5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice and like how you tipped the shooter! Well Done !

6. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your TR, thanks for sharing.

7. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great run!!! Watch that repeater bet though...20%+ house edge...:(

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report! You had some really great craps sessions. Congratulations!

10. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only bet it a few times, not every time. The nice thing about the bet which most of the time no one bet is that when all numbers are bet then you can keep track of how many times the dice have been rolled.

11. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True! Looking back at my records I have only played 40 sessions. 19 winners and 21 losers with biggest win being $337. But that's all at $5-$10 tables. Not at your betting level!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.