1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Go to spot for Seafood Buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by IHeartDancers, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where's the "go to" spot for a Seafood Buffet nowadays?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. ademarco6

ademarco6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried Todais near Planet Hollywood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it about 7 years ago. From What I remember the Seafood buffet at the RIO isn't the freshest, might head over to the M Resort on a Friday and give that a try.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7 years is a long time, but I know how a bad experience at a restaurant can put it on a permanent "no eat" list. My review is from last year. I saw not problems with the seafood freshness, and I mostly eat raw seafood.

6. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the M Resort buffet. Its good but not really worth a special trip. My advice., skip the buffets and go to the oyster bar at Harrahs or if you have a car the one at Palace Station is to die for. They are about the same price as the buffets you mentioned but the food quality is much better!! Pan Roast at the Palace Station is amazing! There isnt much seating there and there may be a bit of a wait but its definitely worth a visit. I go there every time while in vegas.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Seafood buffets in Vegas aren't worth going to. The school of thought in Vegas buffet cookery is to either cook too far in advance or overcook items. That doesn't lend itself well to seafood.
    A top notch buffet will have all the seafood you want anyway.

8. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am from Midwest and even Vegas Seafood may not be best it far better and cheaper than anything in Iowa. So we partake in seafood night often when in Vegas. Where else can I have oysters on half shell for price of buffet. Been known to have 15 of those myself.

This is my opinion as of now.

Money no object: M resort hands down. More elegant and many choices of seafood and many non seafood. Wine included is nice. Desserts adequate. Another plus is that is offered Friday, Saturday and I think Sunday night. Lines are smaller now. Price has risen close to $40 each. Lobster Bisque soup is very good. Dig deep to get decent hunks of lobster.

Best for money: Orleans Less than $30 For me oysters on half shell (15) Oyster Rockefellers (10) pays the price alone. Cold or hot crab legs offered. For non seafood the Beef Ribs are great to me. Prime rib also offered. Normal desserts is all.

Rio buffet alone has shrimp and crab legs. The extra charge for more seafood dishes is worth it to me for slipper tail lobster and fried oysters. For many not worth it. The quality is less than M. But less of a drive for many

Honorable mention is the Alliante. Crab legs served right out of the boiling water. But this may change when Boyd takes over. Will report later.
    Reasonable price also.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.