1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife "platinum experience" at check in... does it exist?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by chantellevegas, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A while back when the new changes at Mlife happened, some people reported getting a platinum/noir experience letter at check in, while others didn't. Some people got in comped to attractions, other properties claimed not to know anything about it.

Does any one know if you are NOT staying at an Mlife property, can you still use a free pass to an attraction? I haven't been to vegas since the changes Dec 15, but I want to use my platinum benefits before my tier expires in October. I used to be able to walk up to the window and get in with my mlife card.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last I heard on the subject was that you could no longer get in without the letter given to you upon checking in to an M Life property. I supposed their way of making sure you aren't using the benefit while staying at a competitor.

3. chantellevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so.. if you don't get a letter at check in, do you ask the mlife desk? A friend of mine did that and was told they had no idea what they were talking about. I guess that's when you pull up your phone and the mlife website that talks about the "experience".

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, hopefully this has been in place long enough now where they "should" know what you are talking about. So yes, if I didn't get the letter when checking in, I guess I would head for the M Life desk.

5. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our "platinum experience" letter is usually in our room upon arrival. Only time we didn't have it was when we were given an upgrade. Just called the front desk and they sent it up. We were at Vdara that trip.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, they sent a letter. What did you get with that letter?

7. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a platinum experience letter at Mgm in February. As I recall you could use it for admission to shark tank at MB, art gallery at Bellagio, Gardens or something at mirage. But you and a guest could only use one of the experiences. I tossed it and went to the tables. Checking in at Delano tomorrow if I get a letter I'll pic and post.

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mlife platinum and have stayed at an mlife property 3 times since the new 'platinum experience' has been in effect (mlife makes it sound like a big deal, but it's just a free pass for two to some of the attractions (Secret Garden/Dolphin at Mirage, Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, and Art Gallery at Bellagio). Although we do like those attractions if we have time.

They have never automatically handed me the 'letter' at check in - I have had to ask every single time at VIP check in (not sure if the reps just forget or what the deal is). On my 2nd trip, it happened again and I forgot to ask during check in; went back later and requested it and the rep sounded doubtful that I hadn't received it when I checked in (as though I was trying to get a 2nd one, really?). So, if they don't automatically hand you the letter at the check in desk, be sure to ask for it before you leave the desk - the mlife players club desk does not have the letter - you have to get it at check in desk.

Yes, you now need to present that letter to enter.

(fyi - the letter has never been in our room when we checked in - not sure how would they know ahead of time that the guest checking into that room or suite is platinum or Noir when often times the preassigned room number changes when you actually check in if the original room isn't ready or you ask for a different room.

9. chantellevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's all I want.. just 2 passes to the aquarium. I wasn't one of the people who took advantage of using my 10 passes a year at each exhibit. I will ask at check in and see what kind of response I get... you never know with MGM. thanks.

10. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually check in electronically prior to arrival at the hotel. And, we usually arrive in the morning before our room is ready. My assumption is, given our check in pattern, they know which room we'll be in. Of note, I have received a platinum letter in my room that wasn't addressed to me in addition to my own letter. We stay at Aria or Vdara when staying at an MLife property so I can't speak to how they do it at other MLife properties.

11. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good system you have and glad to hear some properties do place the letter in the room. We stayed at Aria in late April and we were lucky to get into our room at 9:30am. In our case there was no platinum letter given at check in nor one in our room but we weren't planning to make use of any attraction that trip so didn't bother to ask. IMHO the 'platinum experience' was over hyped by mlife as part of their changes made in December.

Just curious RynoBU - 'BU' and Texas - any connection to Baylor?

12. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Baylor grad. Have had the nickname for 20+ years.

13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FIL, youngest daughter, and SIL also Baylor grads - small world..

14. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small world, indeed.

15. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Aria with in couple weeks and I hope to receive my platinum letter since taking my kids there..I do agree MGM over hyped about two stuipd admission tixs.... And I'm staying at Aria so we will see if they automatically passes out or not

16. chantellevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get mine automatically at check in at the mirage or NYNY. I had to ask for them. didn't end up using them but the point being I had to ask. It's amazing at what you miss out on if you don't ask. I'd rather ask and be turned down than not ask at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got mine from Mirage in January when I had no idea what it was. I did not get it from Vdara last month when I was actually looking to get it...right up until I got to check in and spaced it.

18. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are MLife Platinum, but we've never used any perk of the "experience." If you are Platinum or Noir, just ask nicely for what you want and you're likely to get it.

19. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys just got back from Vegas last night.... Regards to experience letter you just gotta ask when you ask..they didn't had it ready for me but when I did ask for it they gave me the letter matter fact Aria gave me few since I was there with kids....

20. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting that they gave you a few letters. When I stayed at Bellagio I asked for the letter and she gave me one. I asked if I could have another one and she said no because it doesn't matter. She said its not the letter that gives you the admission, it's your card, and that the system will only allow 2 free admissions to only one attraction per trip. The letter is only for our own information purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.