1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Preakness

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by HighButNotRolling, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollingHigher

RollingHigher Tourist

Anybody betting the preakness this weekend or feel strongly about any of the contenders?

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to take the field instead of Nyquist but I think Nyquist is going to win. Saving my trip to the horse track until the Belmont in a few weeks and then we'll see how big of a favorite Nyquist will be (and then actually bet the field!)

3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sticking with Nyquist as I have since september. if it rain, then possibly exaggarator....

i used to go the belmont for many years.... was a PITA to bet back then with the lines a couple hundred deep.
    that place is HUUUUGGGEE!

4. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Exaggerator this weekend. The short lay-off favors him as well as the smaller field. That closing speed he showed at the Debry was incredible. He had just bit too much traffic to get through and just couldn't get it done. I am going to bet Exaggerator to WPS and then I will also play a trifecta on 3,5/3,5/ALL. Good luck to you all.

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be betting online.. I will see how the odds play out up to race day. I hit a nice 1000 dollar trifecta on the derby! I hate betting the favorite.. but the favorites have been killing it lately.. more long term the favorite usually wins about 1 out of 3 times. So general rule of thumb is to only bet the favorite if you get him (or her) for around 3-1 which is what I had Nyquist at (i bet him early on) I am sure he will settle in closer to even money by race day though.

6. husker

husker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm betting tri keying Nyquist over Stradivari, Collected and Exaggerator. Might place small win bet on Stradivari if the odds are 8/1 or higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.