1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bell Shuttle experience

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vwhiten, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just thought I would share my experience from last trip with a little more detail. It was less than favorable and would probably not do it again. I never contacted them with my complaints -- all in all I got what I paid for. The drivers were very nice and had no complaints with them. Bell sent me an email with an attachment to rate them by stars -- I gave them 3 out of 5 and to add any comments. -- So I decided I would just be totally honest. #1 our flight was to arrive around 8:30 pm. I booked our shuttle for 8:45 -- we had carry-ons and had no checked baggage. Our flight got in early around 8:20 and we got out right about 8:30 so I expected to have to wait. There were 3 other ladies waiting for the shuttle. We waited till about 9 pm and another couple straggled up. The shuttle bus driver said all we had to do was wait for them. We thought okay we will be on our way. They got on but then no another couple showed up and we had to wait for them to purchase tickets. -- We had prepaid for ours. It was about 9:25 when we took off. We had Bellagio to stop at, then Planet Hollywood and then TI -- seems to me they could have condensed the hotels to the ones around TI. Then on our return trip we waited for over 30 minutes for our return shuttle in front of TI. Again, I wouldn't have complained but they did send me a request to rate them.

I also decided I would tell them about their awful service about 3 years ago when I took the share a ride Presidential Limo Service -- again that was a disaster. For these 2 services I would not use them. If I was going to book a true limo service for just me I feel that their ratings and service gets good reviews and I would use them for this. For the shuttle and share a ride I am done -- I think now I would rather be long hauled by a taxi then use either of these services. Saving $20 or $30 total isn't worth sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I hate the hurry up and wait syndrome. The one good thing about waiting around both coming and going was the weather was great -- nice cool breeze. I would have been ticked if it had been hot and they kept me waiting. One reason I took the shuttle was we had used it twice before and had very prompt service.

I did get a reply with an attachment offering a refund -- totally surprises me because I was not expecting a refund.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that sometimes they take off fairly promptly but other times they wait for more of a full bus. I've used the various brands and none seems to be standing out from the competition.

Only issues I've had were one VERY COLD shuttle, everyone was complaining, and the driver had difficulty turning the Alberta Clipper off, and another where they had a timeshare jerk address the assembled audience prior to departure.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know some folks like the shuttle stuff. I would prefer a taxi and just get on with things.

Long haul is not an issue for anyone that is aware of it.

4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've always used shuttles (Showtime, I believe), and I can see where it is advantageous to try and fill the bus before departing. It's not that far from the airport to the strip so the time spent is not traumatic, especially given that I've just spent four and half hours sitting inside the flying bus.

5. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't mind waiting. It wasn't a big shuttle but a van that held about ten people. What was aggravating was that after the first couple came that made 7 people in the van. The driver said we were just waiting on them. Then a few minutes later another couple walked out and then they waited for that couple -- they took about 10 minutes at the counter so it put us back even more. It would have been nice if when the shuttle was way over due at TI that they could have texted or called. The cost was $14 round trip per person. I am sure the taxi would have been around $25 one way with a tip. Like I said I saved a whopping $20 by taking a shuttle. I will probably use Lyft/Uber next time.

6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The share a limo service we used through Presidential (owned by the same people) that was about 3 years ago. When we arrived at the airport we had to share the sedan -- it is clearly listed on their website that it is for 3 people -- we had to share it with another couple and my husband had to sit up front and I got crammed into the back seat with the elderly couple. Someone had been incontinent and it wasn't me -- it was not a pleasant experience.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found that many of the shuttles are like that, they wait until they fill the shuttle before leaving. They save money that way, can make maximum use of the shuttle instead of making trips with a half empty shuttle. I also experienced that when I took the shuttle but lately I just rent a car instead. I know it costs more but I get less hassle and I can go where ever I want and when ever I want.

In many other cities Supershuttle has a rule, no more than 3 pickups and drop-offs at a time. Contrast that to some cheapie shuttle companies in places like San Fran which will go all over the city to pick up passengers - all to save 2 bucks. (once I was downtown trying to get to the airport, shuttle went to fisherman's wharf, then the marina district, then castro area before leaving for the airport. lucky I allocated extra time but with TSA nowadays I would probably have to allow 4 hours).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.