1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio SB - Can you use it to just relax?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Ezzy711, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking my first red eye on a Friday night. I am assuming a late checkout possibility is slim to none for free and I'm not willing to pony up big bucks. If I just want to hang out in a nice chair can I do it without betting? If not, what would be the minimum?

I am not a sports fan, never set foot in a sports book, but I used to go to the track in my younger years. I could bet some races if necessary. Just looking for a comfy chair away from the crowds for an hour or two for a break.

TIA

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are just looking for a place to "hang out" for a couple of hours and relax, there is seating along the corridor near the pool area, where you can sit comfortably, relax and people watch without having to bet a dime. Both Café Gelato and Palio are nearby so you can grab a coffee or something to eat and just sit there and unwind. There is similar seating on the other side of the hotel, around Jean Philippe Patisserie and the new restaurant Harvest. Of course the seating depends on availability, but it's an option.

If you have a late flight (and that means an extra day in Vegas!) I would highly recommend checking out, checking your bags with the hotel bell desk and then just going out and exploring the Strip on your last day. Then you can come back to the Bell Desk, claim your bags and head off to the airport later that evening. People do it all the time - you can easily check your bags so you're not stuck with them all day and still get to enjoy those extra hours in Vegas.

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JR, great ideas. I did plan on checking my bags, just didn't know where to go. Of I will use most of the day to gamble but usually go up to the room for a break during the day. Will scope out those areas.

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to your original question, yes you can chill at the book without having any action.
    Space may be a problem if there are any games going on, but no one has to bet to grab a seat.

Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  5. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jr7110 has some good suggestions! I particularly like the suggestion to explore the strip.

If you would typically go back up to the room for a break during the day, another option is to purchase a day pass to the spa. You can hang out, sweat in the sauna, take a shower and really freshen up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can hang out in Sports Books. Don't Sleep in them though. Bad form and security will come up and talk to you.

Also, if you see a reserved sign, probably not a good idea to sit there either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CheeseHog

CheeseHog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are usually horse or dog races on some of the TV's... I spend alot of my time relaxing (with beverage) listening to music and putting a couple bucks on the favorite to show. It gives you something to cheer for.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.