1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Facilities At Encore Spa?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mikey07, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mrs Mikey is going to the Encore spa while we're there. She has full use of the facilities once she's had the various treatments that she's got lined up but we can't see anything that tells us what these facilities are!

We're assuming they'll have a pool and Jacuzzi but can anyone confirm?

2. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tripadvisor actually has some pretty good pictures of the spa, so I would take a look at them to get an idea of what it would be like. I can only speak for the men's side, but it's probably the same for the women's side as well. If I remember correctly, they have a steam room, sauna room, hot tubs, cold plunge pools, deluge showers, and a jacuzzi.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best spa on the strip imo, has pretty much everything you can imagine. The spa attendant will give her a tour of the facilities once she gets there.

4. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks folks, very helpful.

5. Wynncore88

Wynncore88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time! I've always sent my significant other to the Spa at Encore as opposed to the Spa at Wynn. Both are rated by Forbes as 5 star, but since the Spa at Encore is newer, the general consensus is that the Spa at Encore has a slight edge. If you would like to use the facilities while your wife indulges, you can also opt to pay for access to the men's spa facilities for $40 which allows you all day access during the spa's business hours. (I believe this is the correct price, if I am mistaken, the facilities charge is no more than $50).

6. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, but the only facilities I'll be using will serve proper beer and show the England and Wales Euro 2016 games which both kick off at Noon :thumbsup:

7. Wynncore88

Wynncore88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy! I'm sure you can watch it at the Sports Book. There is a bar right there as well as Zoozacrackers that you can grab a bite to eat while watching the match.

8. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid $75 for a day-pass at Encore spa recently.

9. Wynncore88

Wynncore88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^Were you a guest staying at either Wynn or Encore when you paid $75 for a day pass to the spa?

10. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now bear with me here as I come from foreign lands where the sun doesn't shine and the cars have 5 wheels.

If she runs up a bill of $500 in a few hours do we really have to add another $100 for a tip?

11. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say yes. Here in the U.S. Service jobs tend to be lower-paying because tipping is customary. The hotel may charge $500 for a 3 hour service but I would guess that the therapist might see $100-150 of that before taxes, and may have not very much business Mondays through Thursdays. This may be hard to understand given that the U.S. dollar is strong.

Hotel spa services tend to be very expensive. If cost is an issue, one somewhat complicated option is to find a Groupon for a day spa not in a hotel which are often MUCH cheaper - I wouldn't be surprised if you might be able to find a similar package at a day spa for $100-150. Then you can buy a day pass for your hotel spa to use the facilities. Another thing you could do is: travelzoo.com often has excellent deals for hotel spas, but I have never seen one for the Wynn or Encore. They often have one for the Palms which is a very nice spa - I have been there a few times - but is off strip so you will need to take a taxi or uber. However the Travelzoo offers have many restrictions and close-in expiration dates so be sure to check the rules and you may want to contact the spa to make sure you can use the offer and get a reservation before you purchase the offer on travelzoo.

Most hotel spas in Las Vegas are very nice and the general standard of facilities is high, even at some of the mid-range hotels. I have been to at least 10 different spas in vegas (usually just for visits to the facilities). The only one I have been to that I found to be underwhelming was the Flamingo. There is another thread somewhere in this message board that compares them.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  12. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out these offers: http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Las-Vegas/Spas/deals
    I've been to the hard rock, palms place, and Costa del Sur (South Point) spas and they are all pretty fabulous.

edit: if your standard is the wynn, I offer no guarantees. However I thought the Costa del Sur spa was nicer than the Bellagio's. which was Steve Wynn's trial run.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  13. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've paid that when both a guest at Encore and a non-guest.

14. Mikey07

Mikey07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get tipping. I've no problem paying an extra few dollars for a beer, but the prospect of handing over another $100 when we've already paid $500 just seems a bit odd to us.

I hope we don't win $1m on the slots or the slot attendant will be looking for $200k for their 10 minutes work :goofy:

15. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, it's ridiculous. I used a travelzoo prepaid offer for a massage at the hard rock spa last summer. I brought $20 cash with me to use as a tip and the receptionist told me that the standard tip was $28, which was I guess about 18% of the pre- discount price of the massage of about $150. I told the therapist I would bring him another $8 later but I forgot to, but I also felt like $20 is a generous tip for a 50 minute service.

For a big package, there may be several therapists involved, all of which will probably expect something. If it's just one person, less than $100 may be reasonable but less than $20 per hour of personal service would probably be thought of as a little cheesy.

Someone in my family is a massage therapist at a high end spa in Arizona and I think she usually gets more than $20 per hour of her time in tips.

I don't think it is necessary or expected to tip a slot attendant 20% of your winnings though. Maybe a $20 bill for a big jackpot > $1000. They aren't serving you for more than a few minutes. However I have never been in that situation. Once when I took sports bets many years ago a guy won a big exotic on horses and I think won around $5000 and he tipped $20.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.