1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good Places To Buy Bulk Candy In Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Techsupport12, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techsupport12

Techsupport12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking to start a small business at school, selling candy for $1 each. I've already visited Costco and all the other bulk product stores, and their candy bargain is good, at an average of $.50 per candy bar. This undoubtedly is a sufficient bargain, as I'm making $.50 per candy bar sold. However, I'd like to sell more, by giving customers a bang-for-the-buck deal: 2 candy bars for $1. This equates to me purchasing each bar for $.25 and in turn selling each for $.50. Is there any place that would sell bulk candy at this bargain in Las Vegas? Could there be any deals at the flea markets here? I've thought about going to the "Fantastik's" swap meet, but I live pretty far and want to know if it'll be worth the travel.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to your math, you'd be making the same profit per bar (25 cents) in either scenario. So handling twice as much inventory to make the same money is probably not the way to go, unless you think your overall volume will increase by more than double the number of bars.

3. Techsupport12

Techsupport12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The profit would be the same, but the likelihood of a customer purchasing it would be significantly increased. Many people have turned down buying from me because they think the candy bars aren't worth $1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.