1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about Firefly Car Rentals

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by wanker751, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone use them? I see they are in the Car Rental Center. The price is $40 less than Alamo, but am I getting $40 worth of headaches with long lines or cars not being there?

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past September I rented from Advantage rent a car in the airport facility. Firefly was next door and didn't have anyone in line (there were 2 people in line at Advantage). I got in around 4 pm on sunday afternoon so maybe that's why it wasn't so busy. I can't say how good or bad they are (never rented from them before).

3. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be arriving on a Friday afternoon. The rate was $97 Friday to Monday. Just not sure.

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them a couple years ago, no long line, no big upsell. The cars are all higher mileage 40-50K but not a problem. YMMV but I would use them again if they were the least expensive.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to consider booking (backup reservation) with another agency just in case you encounter problems with firefly.

6. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't care about the mileage of the car as much. I will just be using to get from Airport to DT, DT to Strip, strip to airport... maybe an in and out visit and store stop. Essentially a break even on taxi's to saving a bit of $

7. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, has anyone rented with Firefly recently that can update the thread ? They are quoting some super low prices ($10/day) for my upcoming trip which may be too good to pass up.

8. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love firefly, but they just charge like a 200.00 deposit on top of what your quoted price is. I have had no issues with them...actually they were a lifesaver for me. I have tried to rent from thrifty twice and had major problems with them. One time they ran my credit card with the wrong zip code so it denied and then they told me I have to use a different credit card, well I only have one small credit card that I use only for rental cars. Firefly offered me the same rate that thrifty was offereing and gave me no issues. I didn't notice the mileage issue because it's rare that I get a brand new car when I rent. I don't have that luck. I have also used firefly in orlando with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.